Thread: Do you tip junk movers,?

Do you tip junk movers,?

I know you typically tip furniture movers who are (in theory) being careful with your stuff. What about junk hauling companies? Or should the price to take your junk away be a total price?

I can't remember if I tipped our 1-800-JUNK guys, but if I didn't, DH probably did because we tend to be "when in doubt, tip" kind of people. If the guy hauling is the owner of the business I would say skip it, but if the guy is a worker and does a great job (shows up on time, is earnest and fast) I'd reward him with a few bucks.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Also if they take care of something for you that's technically against the rules (not supposed to move "x", etc.).
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I tipped the ones who just pulled out 3 truckloads from my MIL’s house for us. 4 flights of stairs and lots of dust were involved ...

What about the truck driver from Goodwill? I admit I'm about 3 1/2 years too late with this question, but honestly, it didn't even occur to me that I might want to tip him for taking away all my father's stuff including, as Steve mentions, the stuff that I'd been told over the phone that they didn't want/wouldn't take.

Yppej
    I didn't because they didn't load the truck well. I paid for a truckload and if I had packed it myself I could have gotten a lot more in it. I had more stuff to go and they didn't want to take it.

Tips are a funny thing. I felt I had to tip a freight semi driver last month. And to be honest it bothered me greatly. Freight drivers deliver to road side. Not my job is the policy. Yet I paid for delivery as with everything else. SO I was so sweet on the phone with the many calls from the freight company. When the driver called to say he was 20 minutes away, OH again so sweet. When he got here I made lots of small talk and had a $20 in my hand, HE holds out his hand and says you don't need to do that and tells me he heard how sweet I was from the dock. As he takes the $20. This got the large package to the garage. SO if I had not have tipped the guy who makes a nice wage I am sure, my package would have set by the road.

I tip but not if it is the job they are paid to do.

Thread Information