Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Body-wide tingling

I'm sure you've already looked into this, CathyA, but what about things like laundry soap allergy? I had a co-worker who had skin sensations that she finally traced to the type of laundry soap she used.
    Also knew a co-worker's wife who had multiple issues (can't recall all of the symptoms) and her doc advised her to stop her habit of drinking 6 Diet Cokes a day, after which her issues mainly cleared up.
    I know they say to look for the simplest answer first so forgive me if you've already checked these more obvious things..

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    People often don't realize that benzos and alcohol are siblings - they touch the same receptors in our brains, have cross addiction potential, can be life threatening with sudden withdrawal without medical monitoring, and our brains can't tell a lot of difference between them.
    off-topic, but I'd be interested in your opinion about educating those of high school and college age about some of this. Considering that's the age group where most people first try drugs, seems logical we/society want to be sure they are completely aware of the hazards.
    I remember seeing a drug educator who proposed this and the people in the audience were aghast. So many people think talking about this = endorsing use of non-prescription or recreational drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    off-topic, but I'd be interested in your opinion about educating those of high school and college age about some of this. Considering that's the age group where most people first try drugs, seems logical we/society want to be sure they are completely aware of the hazards.
    I remember seeing a drug educator who proposed this and the people in the audience were aghast. So many people think talking about this = endorsing use of non-prescription or recreational drugs.
    Lainey, I went to high school in the early 70's, and we received very extensive drug education as well as extensive sex education. I know my generation was as drug addicted as any other, so I am not sure this would do much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Lainey, I went to high school in the early 70's, and we received very extensive drug education as well as extensive sex education. I know my generation was as drug addicted as any other, so I am not sure this would do much good.
    Agreed that teaching about the thing is not THE answer althoigh certainly it is one tool in the tool kit.

I used to think education was key about social ills. That was before I was old and had view legions of people “educated” and still making poor decisions.

There is a website called Benzo Buddies. It is in support of those trying to get off on their own or who have been hung to dry by their doctors. The stories on there would curl your hair. Benzos are not to be trifled with. They are passed out like after dinner mints and soon begin to cause the same problems that you took them for. Doctors would have you believe it is the original problem and advise you that you can safely take more. Many have stated that getting off heroin and opiates is a walk in the park in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think you're lucky. I was also in h.s. in the early 70s, in a blue state no less, and sex ed was a rudimentary talk given in 8th grade, and drug ed was nil beyond Just Say No.

The speaker I saw was proposing a more frank and totally open discussion on all kinds of drugs, prescription and non-prescription. Including the interactions of drugs with each other and with alcohol. I haven't seen any such completely honest education given to high school or college age across the board.
    I think it goes to the vain hope of school boards that if they just don't discuss these things then consequences like teen pregnancy and drug addiction won't happen.

I think the power of peer pressure overcomes rational thought quite effectively. I'm still surprised that kids pick up smoking.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I think the power of peer pressure overcomes rational thought quite effectively. I'm still surprised that kids pick up smoking.
    Exactly.

Thread Information