Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated Or What would you do?

The Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated Or What would you do?

A good friend of mine since 8th grade sent me a screen shot of a FB page dedicated to those of who were in our high school between 1977-1980 and have passed away . Its a very sad list, some of them were very predicable ( drugs/ alcohol ) some surprising . Most surprising is that I am listed !!!!! In some ways I want to say the famous Mark Twain quote but on the other hand, there is an ex husband ( or his friends who would tell him that I am still around) that I would just like to let him believe that I am in fact dead. Curious to see what would you all would do ? edited to add I am listed under my maiden name
    Last edited by boss mare; 1-25-18 at 11:14pm.

Yppej
    One woman was listed with our alumni association as dead but was alive and I talked to her afterwards. My guess is she got tired of them begging for money so had her husband tell them she was deceased.

If you're not in contact with most of your classmates, I'd leave it. But that just might be me. If nobody cares enough to reach out and confirm the info, then there's not a close relationship there.

Yeah, I agree. If you're not in touch with anybody, why bother.

But if you do go to reunions, I'd definitely plan on going, but waiting until there is a big group of people standing around the "passed on" board and then make your grand entrance.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I would find this situation funny and would stay dead, although in reality I wouldnt want to cause pain to a couple of my high school friends, even though I havent talked to them in years.my best feiend is not on Face Book and good for her!

Stay dead. Show up at next reunion in ghost costume. Don't talk.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yeah, I agree. If you're not in touch with anybody, why bother.
    My take on it as well. Of course, that limits your ability to reach out to individuals, but if that's not a big deal to you, let it be.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I so love the idea of showing up at the next class reunion LOL Its coming up next year ... Class of 1979! I was not exactly enamored with school . I hung out with the older art/creative/free spirit/stoner crowd. I just might do that . I didn't go to the 30th reunion Horse shows were more important still are, however, I would seriously forgo a horseshow if there was a possibility I could cause a stir by showing up, I would . Maybe I ought to volunteer to be in charge of the gone-but-not-forgotten board

Funny how stories can get around. Some years ago, I learned from an old classmate that I had reconnected with, that she heard I had gone through 3 husbands. At first I thought she simply had me confused with someone else, but she was serious. Funny thing is that the first husband is still around. My response was who were the other two guys.

Thread Information