Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated Or What would you do?

I ran into a guy I'd known as a child, and he told me he was sorry to hear my father had died. I tried to tell him my father was very much alive (he went on to live another 30 years), and he argued with me. Mansplaining at its best.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 1-30-18 at 2:02pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I ran into a guy I'd known as a child, and he told me he was sorry to hear my father had died. I tried to tell him my father was very much alive (and he went on to live another 30 years), and he argued with me. Mansplaining at its best.
    Hmmm...so he's arguing with the person who would definitely know better that Dad was still alive. At least my former classmate who heard of the 3 husbands didn't argue over the non-existent other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by saguaro View Post
    Hmmm...so he's arguing with the person who would definitely know better that Dad was still alive. At least my former classmate who heard of the 3 husbands didn't argue over the non-existent other guys.
    I would have loved to have heard the whole story there...

I ran into a guy I'd known as a child, and he told me he was sorry to hear my father had died. I tried to tell him my father was very much alive (he went on to live another 30 years), and he argued with me. Mansplaining at its best.
    Similar story though from the opposite point of view. We were standing at my father’s casket during the meet and greet portion of the funeral home’s “viewing” or whatever they call it (although he was not on display.) A line of people came by, including one of my high school classmates who lived behind my parents. She and i were chatting and she said “and your parents, how are they doing?”

Haha.

My only explanation is that she may not have been sure which guy was dead because my dad had several brothers who lived in our small town.

I would have loved to have heard the whole story there...
    I never got to find out how she got that story. Was about to ask when several other people joined us so decided to just let it go.

I am guessing she got me mixed up with someone else but I still found it positively hilarious. I was a pretty nerdy kid / teenager. The very last one in the class who would be expected to go through 3 husbands by the age of 30 which was when this happened.

Thread Information