Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Facebook is watching you..........

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Last person I heard of who did that was Ted Kaczynski and that did not work out well for him either.
    Some of what Ted wrote about made sense.......unfortunately it manifested itself in homicidal insanity. But he was nuts beforehand he went to the mountains.

I receive offers from my CC company, wanting me to use it at grocery stores, gas stations, etc. I don't generally buy something that will be used up before the bill arrives (can think of one exception). I also tend to use it, primarily for internet purchases (which can include stuff for work).
    What they are wanting is information to get a better grasp of me for their predictive algorithms. There is an old story about that, where a man gets PO'd that his daughter received ad's for diapers and formula, and she is still in high school. He contacts the store and cusses the manager out, who says he will put a stop to it. He comes home and finds out his daughter IS pregnant. It is a true story, that I don't remember if it was Target or Walmart.
    Big Data, will eventually help them know what values, etc. your teaching your kids and is already used to predict your behavior.

Does Facebook know where I left my glasses? Siri has been no help at all, and the NSA won’t respond to my texts.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Does Facebook know where I left my glasses? Siri has been no help at all, and the NSA won’t respond to my texts.
    LOL! I just wish there were "Find My Phone-type" apps for lots of other things!

speaking of Siri.......DH and I were taking a rid awhile back in my cart over our property. He didn't even think he had his phone turned on. He cussed. When out of his phone came "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." YIKES!