Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New York City: I Have To Ask

I agree with Teacher Terry, staying just one night would let you enjoy more of the sights.

Yppej
    I could spend a whole year there and not run out of things to see, but it's expensive. I have lived in New England almost 50 years and am still finding new sights to see here, and New York is much attraction dense. I have barely scratched the surface with South Street Seaport, United Nations, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art., Williamsburg, Harlem, Battery Park, Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, New York Stock Exchange, Fifth Avenue, the George Washington Bridge/Hudson River, Grand Central Station, Central Park, Times Square, the Dakota Apartments/Hotel exterior, and the Whitney Museum. I also saw the Puerto Rican Day parade. I recommend any and all of these.
    Last edited by Yppej; 9-11-18 at 5:39am.

We are going to all 5 burroughs and using all modes of transport.... subway, bus, ferries, train. Today looks like the weather will be better!

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    We are going to all 5 burroughs and using all modes of transport.... subway, bus, ferries, train. Today looks like the weather will be better!
    I used Uber and found it to be reasonable and actually user friendly. Although some of the drivers spoke no English and some seemed to be rather nervous especially when they are getting chewed out by a NYPD traffic cop. But for the most part thye seemed to have a system that works.

San Francisco is about the same distance from us. We once went for a day and it was too exhausting driving that far and only spending the day. I find good deals on hotels.com. Yes we love Uber. Always use it while traveling.

Yppej
    I don't have a smart phone so Uber would be out for me. Basic service saves me $30 a month.

Thread Information