Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco was wonderful and fun!!!!!

San Francisco was wonderful and fun!!!!!

Just got back from visiting this wonderful city. Your transit systems are amazing and easy to use with the Clipper card. We used the AC, Bart, ferries, Muni and walked everywhere reaching 22,000 - 25,000 steps a day. Seniors are treated royally and I got to sit down for every transit trip that I took.

Did the Muir Woods, Sausalito tour crossing the Golden Gate Bridge after a very comprehensive city tour with Dylans Tours. Alcatraz was very well presented and I loved the tram ride up to the prison area to protect my knees; the gardener docents were wonderful explaining the Mediterranean climate and the challenges of growing a garden over the years on the rock.

Fishermans' Wharf was interesting; enjoyed crab chowder in a sour dough bowl and visited the sea lions who were very busy and noisy. Enjoyed the cable car ride.

Watched the Golden State Warriors defeat the Timber Wolves at the Oracle Arena while i was eating catfish and fries but was shocked at seeing the action in the game stop for TV commercial breaks. How do they keep the momentum going in the game?

Visited SFMOMA really appreciating some of the art and photography on display. I howled with laughter with the outdoor sculpture area including a large snowman encased in chilling system but positioned in front of the large living wall of greenery.

I kept being surprised by the camellias growing everywhere; large pots of ferns or succulents encircled by cyclamens. The Botanical Gardens with rhodos, camellias and magnolias especially those with fragrance and Japanese Garden were a delight. The Golden Gate Park is huge. I didn't have time to visit the Floral Conservatory but did tour the Haight-Ashbury area admiring the architecture and colours of the buildings.

Very busy every day and very glad that I went. Thanks for all the suggestions earlier. Southwest provided a very comfortable and efficient flight keeping me up to date and easy to access. Border crossing was a snap in both directions.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Wonderful, thanks for letting us know what you wound up doing! Sounds like a great trip.

I am glad to hear about your trip. I love San Francisco.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love SF, so easy to navigate and so much to see and do.

I love San Francisco, and I agree--their transit system is first class. The West Coast is a real treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I love San Francisco, and I agree--their transit system is first class. The West Coast is a real treasure.
    Great place to visit, wouldnt want...oh you know.

We are losing another set of friends to the West Coast, ugh. At least these guys, consumate gardeners, are going to the Portland area not the hideous desert land of Palm Springs. Portland I can understand, it is where you go if you want to grow stuff.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. You really fit a lot in to your schedule!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

San Francisco is a fun city. WE live 3 hours away and have for the past 20 years so have gone many times. The last time we went I was surprised at how many more homeless people there were and also how much dirtier it was then in the past which really is a shame. We have run out of things to do there so probably won't go back for awhile.

Makes me wonder if they ever started selling those T shirts a friend of mine looked for on his honeymoon. He spent time down at the warf and went across the bay and kept asking places close, if they sold a T shirt that said, I rode a ferry in San Francisco.

I was just thinking about your vacation the other day and was going to ask if it happened. So glad to hear that it did, and that you had a good time! We've lived here just over 9 years now and I've not run out of new things to see. Tired of spending so much money on rent, yes, but we're getting a lot of enjoyment out of being here so it's worth it, at least for now.

Thread Information