Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "A Luxury Once Tasted...

I guess because I have been in discombobulation mode for almost two years now - selling long time house and a lifetime of stuff, moving far away, still remodeling house we moved to and trying to do it all ourselves on a tight budget - I am dreaming of being comfortable whatever that takes. And so I dream about acquiring a few quality things to make the wait worthwhile. Even a really fine margarita with quality tequila would be a great comfort right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow, I sure hope I don't "taste" that luxury! My idea of a good bottle of wine is Clos du Bois on sale at BuyRite for $13.99. I don't think I'm enough of a connoisseur to be able to appreciate a $75 or $125 bottle of wine.
    Im sure thhere are $30 $40 bottles like this,
    I just dont know what they are. I had this in a restaruant a few years ago and loved it.

Yppej
    Satellite radio. Sulfate free shampoo. Good quality primer.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I guess mostly I spend money for edibles ...
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

When it comes to cars I have yet to desire heated seats, or leather seats. I don't yet crave a sophisticated back-up system. But it's just a matter of time.
    I was reading an article a while back that talked about the trend for leather seats. Back in the 60's and 70's cloth seats were all the rage. I remember our family's 75 Chevy Nova had them as an option, as opposed to the plastic seats that came standard. According to the article I was reading the only leather seats cars had back then were high end cars like Cadillacs, and then only the driver's seat. Not for luxury but because it was considered practical to have a long lasting material for the seat that got the most use.

I would agree with many of the luxuries listed. And with the fact that they become mandatory (or close to it.) Several years ago SO gave me a year of Clearme airport access for christmas. (It's the private version of quick airport security access.) SFO was one of their first airports, as was Denver. We live 15 minutes from SFO and Denver was a frequent destination for me both for work and when my father was dying.) I was traveling 20+ trips for work and made 10 trips to Denver to be with Dad at the time so I made good use of it. Now I maybe travel 5 times a year for work and 2-3 times for vacations. The renewal notice just showed up in my email last week and it's agony to me to consider shutting it down. Being able to show up at the airport an hour before my flight and have confidence that I will get on it is a luxury I'm not sure I want to drop. I suppose I could YMOYL it, crunch the numbers and see whether I'm spending more life energy working to pay the $179 annual fee for it vs. the number of hours I save by having it and not having to get to the airport earlier.

Well, I resisted a dishwasher for many many years and now really would hate to not have one. I've always disliked doing dishes. We have window air conditioners in the bedrooms now and it does make sleep much easier! But I really dislike all the crap on cars these days.

I think our biggest luxury, and one I take for granted, is owning our house. It's hard to imagine renting and losing the autonomy, freedom, and sense of security that come with owning your own little piece of earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I guess mostly I spend money for edibles (but I'm glad I neither drink much wine nor coffee as they are sounding much bother, fair trade organic tea bags for me ).d.
    in Colorado edibles are something different, and lots of people spend a lot of money on them

Thread Information