Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How the heck do you lose

How the heck do you lose

A bra when you don't go to the gym. I am classic at losing things. I lost my favorite water bottle, fancy starbucks tumbler (that lasted a year), a work reciept, etc. Then there are the misplaced but show up later things, that happens often as well. If i dont put things away exactly then it is so easy to lose track. This is part of the reason I tend towards minimalism, i have a small closet and one dresser,

But a bra, and one of the fancy ones that is the correct size, my only black one as well. I will go through all my clothes this weekend for a goodwill purge and see if I can't find it. Bra shopping is brutal,

I am sorry for your loss

my my son was the king of losing things. At the end of the year, his school would lay the lost and found out on the lawn like a giant yard sale. One year we collected a pair of his shoes, his socks (they were in the shoes) a pair of his pants, two of his shirts, and a jacket. I just stared at him and finally said “I don’t understand how this happened. I really feel like I would have noticed if I picked you up in your underwear.”

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    A bra when you don't go to the gym. I am classic at losing things. I lost my favorite water bottle, fancy starbucks tumbler (that lasted a year), a work reciept, etc. Then there are the misplaced but show up later things, that happens often as well. If i dont put things away exactly then it is so easy to lose track. This is part of the reason I tend towards minimalism, i have a small closet and one dresser,

But a bra, and one of the fancy ones that is the correct size, my only black one as well. I will go through all my clothes this weekend for a goodwill purge and see if I can't find it. Bra shopping is brutal,
    You haven’t been drinking tequila lately, have you?

Some years back I knew a young lady who lived in a 3-storey walkup apartment building with a common coin-operated laundry room. To hear her tell it, the building had a "panty stealer" who raided the dryers a couple times per month. They had a "lone wolf pervert", as she would say. I don't know that the "wolf" part was believable, but I would accept lone and pervert.

But seriously, I agree with minimalism and organization of space (and then being consistent about putting everything in its place). I am a stickler for position of postage stamps, car keys, kitchen utensils & ingredients, workbench tools, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    I am a stickler for position of postage stamps, car keys, kitchen utensils & ingredients, workbench tools, etc.
    Capture.JPG

I always wonder how many people get upset at how I position stamps. The roll of stamps (American Flag forever stamps) the way they naturally come of the backing I end up with them sideways or upside down on my envelopes. Hope no one thinks I'm trying to disrespect the flag.....I'm just lazy.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I lost my rain jacket. I'm so mad about that. I've had that Eddie Bauer rain jacket for 26 years!

Bras I tend to hang on hangers to dry then they accidentally get put in the closet then I wonder why I only have one bra in the drawer. Hope you find it Zoe Girl!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I know the feeling. For years I've had a favorite pair of hiking boots, rugged, sturdy, lightweight, comfortable and pretty good looking, even more so as they've become scuffed and worn through years of use. Looked for them recently and can't find them anywhere. Very frustrating.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I have found bras, socks, undies........ in my pant legs......... falling down on the top of my foot.......... in the grocery store......... (seriously, more than once)

I never lose anything but my DH is another story. My DAd was always losing everything so I am used to it)

I'm with you TT. It seems I spend half my life looking for DH's keys, wallet, glasses and Fitbit.

Thread Information