Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give it a 100 (or 20, or 30) Challenge - February 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Give it a 100 (or 20, or 30) Challenge - February 2018

In August 2017, a few of us were inspired by the video at the link below. It's the story of a woman who went to the gym 100 times to try to get herself out of a rut. I saw it when George Takei posted it on Facebook along with the question, "What would you like to do 100 times?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

Her video was part of a larger movement online called "Give it 100" which, as far as I can tell, is now defunct.

I decided what I wanted to do 100 times was work on my fiction writing at least 30 minutes a day. The times do NOT need to be consecutive. Since I knew I would miss a lot of days here and there, I was aiming to complete my 100 days by January 15, but now it's clear it's going to take a little longer than that.

Others joined in at various points - nswef has been building up to 100 times of a certain number of steps a day and I think is also counting days doing 15 minutes of decluttering. Chicken Lady got 30 days in her studio in November and has been counting other things too.

Anyway, if anybody else wants to join in for 20, 30, 100 or however many times of something, please do!

I'm at #96 of my writing but am going to aim for 110 now because I had some goals to complete some longer sessions, and I want to meet these goals.

I gave up on the decluttering, but have decided to add a 15 minute writing each day. I already do a journal, so this is in addition to that writing and will be counted separately. I'm still working on the steps. Thanks for starting this threw anew each month. It gives me time to refocus and appreciate what I've done.

So, February is short and I am starting a day behind because I am still a little sick, but i’m going to try to address two areas this month.
    exercise: swim six times, ride the exercise bike ten times
    take time to reflect on the day past (things that went well and badly) and plan the day to come. (This may be in the evening or in the morning, so at least twice in every 48 hours.)

I decided to keep the decluttering goal, but change it to doing one household chore...mopping, dusting, vacuuming, sorting, decluttering, curtains and count it. Also the steps. Thanks folks for keeping me on task. It's odd how it helps.

Ok, I'm ready to start tracking again. I was working almost every day on our "inventory control" up until Christmas; we sold much stuff and cleared out a lot of tubs and boxes, plus most of the extra stuff got moved upstairs for the holidays. Now that the downstairs is just cluttered, not almost impassable, I need to start thinning out the upstairs. I do need storage space for stock - you can't sell what you don't have- but upstairs is still crammed with family stuff from my mom's house. Now that she's been gone for 14 months, I think I can work on most of it more rationally, and it can be priced and sold, or incorporated into our stuff, replacing other pieces that I will sell. Thursday and Friday were a bust, but we inventoried and packed two tubs today to store for next Christmas sales, and have a small stack to take to one of our booths tomorrow. I am also planning to spend 5 - 10 minutes a day with a new interactive journal that called to me from Amazon. I'm really bad at keeping up with journaling although I find it helpful.

The exercise program kicks in on Monday, but I have been doing a good job with the journaling/reflection.

Wow - it was so nice to come back to this thread and see all the different things people are counting!

I'm still on a break from writing - probably until February 19th - but it's inspiring to see what everybody else is working on.

So, I have a journal entry for every day this month except the 1st, and I did the 2nd first thing in the morning.
    this morning I rode the exercise bike again, so 1.

i still have a bit of a lingering cough, but I feel basically well.

Sounds like a strong start, Chicken Lady!

I just committed to 6 months of Weight Watchers, so I guess that is 180 days!
    On Day 1. . .

Thread Information