Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Getting off Facebook

I’m not saying they can’t move on, i’m saying they aren’t interchangeable. If we like going to art fairs together and you move to California and I start going to art fairs with someone else and don’t miss you - we were not really friends.

I had two roommates in college. I still miss one of them. We moved on to different lives and she can’t seem to stay in touch, (I refind her every decade or so, we catch up, she vows enthusiastically to stay in touch, she succeeds for a week or two, then silence....) but I still miss her. We were friends. The other one was a pleasant and agreeable person to share a room and a conversation.

there is a man I am “still” friends with, even though his wife is very opposed to him being friends with women and cut off our communication years ago. I know this, because I saw a sale listing that looked like the seller was him. I couldn’t resist messaging, and identified myself and asked if it was him. His response was (in summary, but with more length and concern) yes it was, and was I ok, and was my family ok, and did I need anything. And I replied “we’re all good (one or two sentence updates on each person) I was just wondering how you and yours were.” And he replied “fine.” (And clearly still married - but also clear that he remembers me and still cares enough to want to come through in an emergency.)

catherine, I personally would just delete the entire post. Unless you've had half a dozen people ignore her and get back to the original point of the post.

That said, while her comment was certainly over the top, and her choice of where to express it was inappropriate, as someone whose office was inside the "superbowl village" zone a couple of years ago I have to say that I understand at least that part of her viewpoint. I've never been into football and it really sucked having that stupid event screwing everything up for weeks leading up to the big event.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    catherine, I personally would just delete the entire post. Unless you've had half a dozen people ignore her and get back to the original point of the post.

That said, while her comment was certainly over the top, and her choice of where to express it was inappropriate, as someone whose office was inside the "superbowl village" zone a couple of years ago I have to say that I understand at least that part of her viewpoint. I've never been into football and it really sucked having that stupid event screwing everything up for weeks leading up to the big event.
    The poll expires in a few hours. I'm sure people have better things to do than read it and respond--like making fun Super Bowl snacks. As a market researcher I thought a poll would be a fun, light thing to do in the spirit of the day.

I'll delete the whole deal tomorrow morning. Now I remember why I rarely post on FB.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Personally I’m very excited to learn that the new tivo i bought SO for christmas not only has the ability to skip entire commercial breaks, it also has the ability to skip entire show segments sp we can record the superbowl and then watch only the commercials!

JP1: I'm pleased to report that I can skip the entire SB and the commercials both with no special apparatus required.
    Catherine: I would just skip around the negative posting and enjoy what other friends have to say.

These Are the Best 2018 Super Bowl Commercials — So Far - TIME

http://time.com/5128725/best-super-bowl-commercials-2018/

I have no idea why it’s not clickable - but there’s some commercials for you

Catherine your post reminds me why I have friends and family that I haven't friended on FB. If they are the type that rant or come up with things off color, rude, political etc.. it isn't going to go on my page.

Thread Information