I'm sure there have been threads on this topic before. I've been thinking of quitting the big blue F, or at least trying to vastly cut down on my time there.

Found this article the other day:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-...b_6011106.html

I'm trying some of the steps and they are working out for me. Over the years, I've gotten disillusioned with FB (and social media in general). The other night, I got in a political fight with someone and ended up blocking them and leaving the group we were both in. I try NEVER to get in political arguments with anyone, both IRL and on the 'net. I ended up yelling and crying to spouse that I hated FB.

I have noticed over the past couple of days, more of a sense of peacefulness and well-being. I've dropped into FB just to see what's going on, and to check Messenger (my best friend's brother-in-law is seriously ill and she has been updating me on Messenger). I've also stopped following a couple of people.

It seems that the crap FB is throwing at me is overwhelming--all these posts they think I would like, suggested friends, etc. etc. I only joined it b/c at the time, I had intentions of selling my handmade jewelry, and let's face it: it's one of the only places you can advertise that sort of thing for free. There are also some cool trade/sell groups for art supplies, and other stuff. Lots of my art friends were on there, so I joined up.

I don't sell my jewelry anymore, so that is not a reason to stay. My excuses have been 1) boredom; and 2) keeping in touch with friends. I gotta ask myself, though: How did I keep in touch with friends before Facebook?

Have you weaned yourself off FB (or any other social media)? How did you do it? How has your life improved? Or do you regret it?

I'm interested to know about your experience.