Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February Purge

February Purge

Gave one hand-me-down from my daughter to a friend with a younger daughter. It's a start!

Thanks for getting us started, EJ!
    I donated two books to the library. I've been trying to bring a couple every time I go, and since I seldom buy books anymore, it is gradually decreasing my collection. I tossed out some lotion that had a fragrance I hated (I thought I would use it up in the name of frugality, but life is too short). Added a couple of small things to the donations box.

Best I've done so far is found a new box for donations. Just have to start filling it now!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Took 25 books to the local used bookstore and library, 19 items to thrift store, 44 wire hangers to the dry cleaners (they will take them back!), and threw out 7 items from my closet that had holes in them (putting in cedar hangers now to protect sweaters from now on).

Total for month: 96!

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Best I've done so far is found a new box for donations. Just have to start filling it now!
    My mantra: "Any step forward is a step forward!"

Actually, I walked by the box yesterday and there were two shirts in it! I think my family is finally starting to get it! LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Happystuff, I'm realizing we need a "give-away box" prominently displayed in our upstairs hallway. My daughter is actually pretty good about getting rid of stuff, so I think she'd use it.

Returned nine items of clothing to stores, gave one more book to the library. New total: 106.

I have another bag for thrift store but am waiting to see if I find anything else before making the trip.

I really like having a specific box for donations. It makes it easy to take something that is no longer needed/wanted and have a place to put it right away. Plus, if over the course of time before the physical donation I find that I actually need/use the item - it is easy to retrieve. It has worked very well for us.

I agree, Happystuff, and I seldom take items out of the box once I've put them in there.

Thread Information