Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: February Purge

Wow, $50 dor that tshirt so far! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    It sounds like she has too many clothes. Can you persuade her to cull the ones with stains and pick a number of items per category-- x shirts, x pants, etc. that are in line with her current lifestyle, and then cull out 75% of the clothes. If she had a manageable number, then laundry might be enjoyable again for her (and I too enjoy doing laundry and ironing, so I get where she is coming from.)
    Tybee: I just read two blog posts about managing laundry, and minimizing wardrobe was a top tip for both. I know I can get Mom to cull some of her clothing, but not 75% in one fell swoop. She has 18 pairs of white summer pants, and I know a lot of people don't have 18 pairs of pants total! On the plus side, she has apparently done a lot of laundry since I was last there!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tybee: I just read two blog posts about managing laundry, and minimizing wardrobe was a top tip for both. I know I can get Mom to cull some of her clothing, but not 75% in one fell swoop. She has 18 pairs of white summer pants, and I know a lot of people don't have 18 pairs of pants total! On the plus side, she has apparently done a lot of laundry since I was last there!
    Holy c#@p that is a lot of white summer pants! Reminds me of a lady whose closet I helped organize who had 125 golf shirts. We just picked an arbitrary number and got rid of anything over that number. It was still an insane number of golf shirts.

When I culled my books before moving one time, I put them out in piles of three and said, "which one of these do I prefer over the other two" and got rid of 2 out of 3 at a time.

Maybe you could try that, after getting rid of the obvious stained/ripped/non fitting ones.

But I agree, sounds like going slow is the way to go. It might actually be a fun project, unless she hangs onto everything and is resistant to getting rid of anything. then, not so fun.

Thread Information