Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Nassar's sentence handed out today.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Larry Nassar's sentence handed out today.....

I just heard of the sentence handed down to Larry Nassar. I wanted to post that in this case, especially with multiple instances of sexual assault, I could not agree more with the judge. I may be a bit of a men's rights activist but in this case there is no excuse for Nassar's actions, PERIOD.

I'm glad this man will be kept out of society. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I just heard of the sentence handed down to Larry Nassar. I wanted to post that in this case, especially with multiple instances of sexual assault, I could not agree more with the judge. I may be a bit of a men's rights activist but in this case there is no excuse for Nassar's actions, PERIOD.

I'm glad this man will be kept out of society. Rob
    you are too calm so I will get you riled up. These St. Louis University innocents have had their lives ruined (in Rob Talk) by unproven charges.

http://fox2now.com/2018/01/19/3-slu-...investigation/

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    you are too calm so I will get you riled up. These St. Louis University innocents have had their lives ruined (in Rob Talk) by unproven charges.

http://fox2now.com/2018/01/19/3-slu-...investigation/
    Uh uh uh IL.....one bit of drama at a time.....I'm still recouping from drama this morning with two homeless men going assault mode on each other right outside the loading dock.....lots of drama about negligent security in the air over this one. Let's just be glad here and now that justice was served in the Nassar case, no? Rob

Williamsmith
    I was disappointed in the attitude and demeanor of the presiding Judge. Yes, I understand the defendant is a reprehensible piece of ......lower than whale poo but of all in the cast of characters the Judge must keep a professional decorum. I found her reading of the defendants statement to be a bit of grandstanding and taunting, the way she flipped the paper aside and then challenged the defendant in open court saying, “Because you’re guilty, right?” She seemed to enjoy playing to the media.

I have had Judges be firm and direct when sentencing but never make a statement about how they are going to enjoy themselves. Just an observation. A very sad case but I don’t think it’s over. Thta first complaint that wasn’t pursued is going to scuff somebody up.

Williamsmith, I had the same reaction to the judge--the comment about "I just signed your death sentence," or whatever it was. Hate for her to give him any grounds for appeal, and glad that he will be in prison the rest of his life.
    Those poor, poor girls.

The judge was unprofessional. Ugh!

I agree. The judge was very unprofessional. She almost seemed like a bad actor. Very inappropriate and unprofessional.

He was a skeevy little ferret, wasn't he--making excuses up until the end. Good riddance to him.

Fascinating. A doctor molests 150+ children over *years*, clearly while his supervisors/staff/colleagues enabled the behavior, and the comments are about the judge’s failings....

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Fascinating. A doctor molests 150+ children over *years*, clearly while his supervisors/staff/colleagues enabled the behavior, and the comments are about the judge’s failings....
    I didnt watch the judge commenting but I want to have trust in The Legal System that finally brings blatent predators down. A judge who acts like a reality show star doesnt give me an impression that grownups are in charge. Nassar will need a firm hand throughout his life in the judicial system—firm, consistent, and unemotional, like one would treat a biting dog.

Thread Information