Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February Frugals

I've been passing on magazines to my MIL for years and she loves them. We were over there recently on a Sunday and I was browsing through her Sunday newspaper pile, and she said I could take them and she would start saving them for me if I wanted. Yes! So I have been enjoying free Sunday papers for the past few weeks and saving a few bucks with the coupons too. She seems pleased to be reciprocating, and it's nice for her to be able to do something for me that doesn't cost her any extra money.

Yppej
    Got the extra fee waived from the dealership. They tried to make it sound like it was government mandated but I used to work in the disposal industry and I know better.

Good work, Yppej!

Yppej
    In search of comfort, and after waiting in vain for weeks to get a coupon, I finally broke down and went to Target where I got a couple bralettes to try, and of course picked up a few unexpected items, but the frugal part is that I knew with casual Fridays now at work I would be tempted to buy jeans. So I didn't wear underwear so I wouldn't be tempted to try pants on, and it worked.

LOL, Yppej! You are a frugal ninja!

Feb17 Still eating from stockpiles and really enjoying some good and interesting meals
    --having Dsil for lunch on Monday and have lots of food in the house to a full Roast Chicken dinner with all the trimmings
    of course there will be leftovers. Bought her a French Press with two glass mugs on sale at Costco very good buy at $24,00
    but, the not frugal part was I bought one for myself too..it makes very nice coffee.
    Need to know what to enjoy in life and when something is worth it. I am worth it!
    --bought some fresh salad and fruit today and used store points for the whole order...no money spent.
    That is all for now

Well, I made Dh return the ridiculously expensive vacuum cleaner (Dyson) he bought me for Valentine's day. Not sure if that counts.

I also quit my gym. I picked up a free elliptical machine for cardio on Craigslist and am also getting back into yoga (free online videos.) The gym was a great thing for a while, but I'm happy to move on and cut out that recurring expense.

Feb 20/2018
    --after making large family meal yesterday I will be eating leftovers for the next couple of days...lol
    --have not needed to put gas in the car all month less trips and combining when I do
    --so far this month I have spent very little on groceries and nothing on clothes and only bought one item for the house
    and that is the French Press coffee maker with the two thermos glasses. It was $25.00 and when I priced the glasses online they
    are almost that much. Dsil was very happy with the set I got her. We love our coffee and as much as I didn't get the glasses my coffee
    taste great in them. Part of being frugal is having money for the things you really appreciate.
    Not buying other things let one do this!
    --Will make a pot of soup today with the bones from yesterdays chicken and soon of the leftover veggies.
    That is all for now.

Yppej
    The fungus is back on the roof, but it had gone away, so we will try cleaning that again ourselves come spring and see how long it lasts. We have made this far through the winter with no leaks or ice dams.
    Last edited by Yppej; 2-20-18 at 7:46pm.

Yppej, Have you tried Wet and Forget? We've had good luck with the one we use for siding, truly just Wet and Forget. It is not an instant clean, but an eventual clean. I think they make one for roofs, too.

Thread Information