Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: February Frugals

Yppej
    I too am happy about your good medical news Danna.

Plowable snow is forecast and as usual we will shovel. No plow service, no snowblower with its gas. One criterion when I was househunting was a driveway short enough I could shovel it myself, though it will be coming down while I'm at work tomorrow so it will fall to DS so I can get in the driveway.

Thank you folks....Good medical news is always a relief!

Thanks Jane for the "Magic Mushroom Site" it is really full of good information.
    I had never heard of doing that before. What a great idea. I will be trying it this week.
    Will let you know how I like it.

--posted a bunch of Christmas stuff I will not be using again (I have got way past caring about a tree
    and it seems that people I have here don't care either.) Will make my life simpler and get a little money and space back too.
    --AND posted a vanity table that I got a Goodwill the end of Jan. (it seems it is a antique so I will see what I can get.)
    if it doesn't sell I only paid $8.00 so I will find a good use.
    --A good Beef, creamy Pasta dish for lunch from freezer...
    ---Dr. appt downtown yesterday but, took the bus to save parking went and was able to use transfer to come back home .
    --set up paying bills on credit card. Will earn 2%, very little bit helps.
    --set up an account to sell on Facebook...I have a lot of smaller things that will not be hard to ship and they don't sell on Kijiji.
    The more I declutter even food the more I seem to see to use and it really is making me not want to shop....very good thing.

Yppej
    The company has relaxed the dress code a little bit now that the octogenerian owner has passed away, which will help with wardrobe expenses going forward.

DS thinks he can fix the bathroom exhaust fan pipe himself.

Yppej: When they relaxed our dress code, it saved me a lot of money. I hope that you find the same. If they ever give you the opportunity to work from home some days, that will help even more!
    I had budgeted a bit of money for my sister's birthday (today) and she was on vacation this week. Unfortunately she has been sick and now I have a wicked cold. I did take her out to lunch today and we went to a consignment store where she spent $8, but it was a pretty cheap date.

Promptly returned a pair of shoes that did not fit for a larger size. I actually bought three new pairs of shoes - two will replace some that gave up the ghost, and one is a pair I wanted last year but wasn't available in my size. All were on sale, and I found a promo code for another 30% off, so 3 pairs of nice work shoes for less than $50 per pair. I wear them until they simply can't be worn any more, lol. I need a black pair, too, but I think I can make my current ones last until summer, when I stop wearing regular shoes for a couple months. Went to Panera for a work meeting and only took home 4 bagels - I think that's a record. They aren't the best bagels, but they're the best CLOSE bagels, so... Other than that, it's the same old stuff!

Yppej
    I went back to Supercuts (best price and no traveling costs) but first made sure the woman who sprayed ammonia on my head was not working today.

Just like others here, I'm also trying to eat down our pantry. I have various grains and such that I was hoping the rest of the family would eat, but seems I'm the only one willing. Have also been looking for easy 3-ingredient recipes online. Found several for desserts and cookies that sound very healthy and easy. I'm really hoping they actually taste good. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Paid for my May real estate taxes. I like to prepay bills although I lose a few cents in interest. It is a safety net for me in case of calamity and also keeps me from spending the cash on frivolous items.

So far not much new
    --bad weather helps to not spend too much..mostly stayed in the last few days
    --books and borrowed DVD's to entertain and food already bought and paid for
    --lunch was a pot of soup made with bits from the fridge and freezer. It was really good but,
    I never be able to duplicate it...lol
    --Supper was my new favourite recipe "Egg Roll Bowls" lots of recipes out there. The one I tried tonight was with
    ground chicken, it called for a bag of coleslaw but, I used cabbage thinly sliced and grated carrots. This was a delicious meal
    and I have leftovers for tomorrow.
    That is all for now.

Yppej
    When I went to pay for my 60K car maintenance they tried to add a $13.21 environmental fee on the bill. I showed them the emailed quote without the fee from the service manager but they claimed only he, not even the GM, could waive it. We went back and forth and finally they ran my card without the fee and said the service manager will have to look at it today when he gets in. I emailed him replying to his quote that I am not going to pay it. They did make me pay for two burned out light bulbs. They did a recall on the stopper pad. When you take your foot off the brake the brake lights still stay on a long time, so I felt the bulbs are related to the recall. This is another reason I will not buy another Hyundai. Every time I go to a dealer (but never an independent shop) supposedly multiple bulbs are burnt out. I only went to a dealer because of the recall work. This is the third dealership I have been to for this car and I don't like any of them.

Thread Information