Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2017 Taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    That's really interesting, Lainey and Iris Lilies, in a horrible sort of way--so you have to pay back the subsidy now? have others faced this?
    Sure, other people have been charged with paying back the I.R.S. Obamacare subsidy money. Early on in Obamacare there was yammering about how the I.R.S. Doesnt have legal suthority to collect this money, and some claimed IRS would not even bother to collect it. But
    I had always planned to pay it if charged because who wants to be on the wrong side of the IRS? Not me.

I am paying $0 anyway this year for health insurance premiums so that part looks good. Last year we paid around $265 a month.

I have two more tax years after this year of this bullshit, then I will be smooth sailing on Medicare.

Well, we got our tax preparation documents back and we are A OK for Obamacare subsidies this year and are, in fact, getting a little bit back. But I dont understand why we are getting some of it back since our income went way up due to capital. gains in the stock market. But I dont remember how much I told Healthcare.Org we would make and now I cant cind that amount. Rats.

I think we will be in trouble next year and will have to pay out for the healthcare premium subsidies we received.

Thread Information