Didn't we used to have a YMOL forum?

Anyway, I'll put this thread here. It's been over 25 years since YMOL was published. It's been probably almost 20 years ago that the early genesis of SNL forum was started by Dave Wampler and many of us were introduced to each other. It has seemed that the popularity of YMOL has waned as other personal finance gurus have sought to attract newer, younger audiences.

But I just happened to run into this article that was published in the NYT only 3 days ago. So happy to see it! I hope you don't hit a paywall. It was written by an immigrant from the Dominican Republic who found relevance in the principles because she had experienced the roots of them in her own family.

“Your Money” teaches very concrete methods of keeping track of your finances — there are spreadsheets and expense tracking, simple graphs and investment recommendations — but what I took away from it was a shift in thinking, from chasing money for the sake of having it to using it in service to my goals: to help my parents, achieve financial and mental freedom and continue to write full-time. It worked for my family: My dad’s thriftiness helped him buy a home and start his own small business, and it helped my aunts purchase property back on the island for their retirement. I’d forgotten the values I learned as a child. “Your Money” reminded me.