Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting info about chemicals in underwear!

Hijacking to mention that this ad is probably the most realistic one I've seen lately:

https://www.esurance.com/commercials/the-talk

The topic on this link/thread was largely about men's undies (and related proximity to "the guys") but now it makes me wonder about bras and whether they are, too, treated by some faint mist of unknown variety. I mean, Hanes makes bras, too. Ugh, maybe I don't wanna know.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I would never wear anything new without washing it at least once, by itself. But I don't know if that helps or not. I think they put "sizing" on everything, to make it keep it's shape better for transport. Hopefully that, at least, can be washed out quickly. Yeah......this world is a crazy place.
    I agree, my daughter works at Target and had her pants rip out. She had to buy some and wear them right away at work. She ended up with hives all over her legs by the end of her shift! I would actually avoid those undies with the spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I agree, my daughter works at Target and had her pants rip out. She had to buy some and wear them right away at work. She ended up with hives all over her legs by the end of her shift! I would actually avoid those undies with the spray.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Actually, I forget which anti-depressant commercial it was, but it was fairly reasonable. It went from showing people who were almost non-functional from depression. After taking the medicine, it showed them at least walking the dog, slightly smiling with other people, being a little social. That was probably the most realistic ad I've seen.
    I have seen that, much better than the expectation that you will be joyously happy with medication. That is where we got the idea it was 'happy pills' instead of 'surviving the black pit of despair pills'. It hits close to home as I struggle through another day of trying to get things done, I get out of bed and am productive every single day, but can feel the depression lurking all the time.

Yppej
    Are the chemicals on the clothes packaging your exterior body any worse than the chemicals in the packaging of the food headed into your interior body? I had a small bag of Cape Cod potato chips today and it definitely looked like it was heavily coated with PFAs. I would rather have had some grease on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Are the chemicals on the clothes packaging your exterior body any worse than the chemicals in the packaging of the food headed into your interior body? I had a small bag of Cape Cod potato chips today and it definitely looked like it was heavily coated with PFAs. I would rather have had some grease on my hands.
    PFAs??

Yppej
    Fluorinated chemicals.

Is that listed on their package?

Yppej
    I don't think so. It's not an ingredient but it can migrate from the packaging into the food.

Thread Information