Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting info about chemicals in underwear!

Interesting info about chemicals in underwear!

Awhile back, I was going to buy DH some underwear. I looked at Hanes, and it had that it had "Fresh IQ" in it. I asked on Amazon if that meant it had a chemical in it, and no one seemed to know. Then last night, a guy answered me with interesting info. He directed me to another website, which has more links within it, that I hope you can easily open up.

Very interesting......and disconcerting! When this person answered my question, before he put this other link up, he said that he called Hanes Customer Service and asked them about it. She said that it's just a "misting" that they put on the underwear and it washes off after a few washes. Hmmm....

Here's the other link(s) he posted.

http://www.debralynndadd.com/q-a/haynes-fresh-iq/

To quote Riley "What a revoltin' development this is!"
    We need our microbes, and we disturb them at our peril. I can't believe most Hanes customers are clamoring for this.

Williamsmith
    I don’t wear Hanes. I sport Staffords ...made in China. I’m sure the Chinese have the utmost concern for my health and environmental pollution so I’m confident my drawers are not a threat to me but I do have a strange craving for Peking Duck and a curiousity about chopsticks.

If you’re craving variety, Stafford is also made in Pakistan, but apparently the fit is slightly different and thus i must buy the underwear in the store and read the labels.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    If you’re craving variety, Stafford is also made in Pakistan, but apparently the fit is slightly different and thus i must buy the underwear in the store and read the labels.
    Thank you CL. I did not know Pakistanis made Stafford also. Although, I have no reason to favor Pakistanis over Chinese except that had it not been for the Chinese subsidizing our national debt over the past couple of decades, we would not have been able to wage several ill conceived wars overseas. But Pakistanis can be a very nasty bunch as a friend who used to run a factory in England advised me. And I quite imagine a linen factory in Pakistan does not have two fifteen minute breaks, an hour lunch, 40 hr week, paid sick and annual leave and a 401k for their employees. Where is a good American supposed to assuage his guilt?

I have vague knowledge about plastic with germ fighting technology, but I have no idea what that means, dont wish to know, dont want the feature, hate they they seem to exist.

i am buying more and more things on ebay, used if
    I cant find them at a thrift store.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-11-18 at 7:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Where is a good American supposed to assuage his guilt?
    Well, apparently there is Flint and Tinder. And Union House. And City Boxers. All of them assemble men's underwear of American-grown cotton in America. The prices are breathtaking if you're used to the price of Hanes or Fruit of the Loom at Target/Walmart. But it's possible.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Well, apparently there is Flint and Tinder. And Union House. And City Boxers. All of them assemble men's underwear of American-grown cotton in America. The prices are breathtaking if you're used to the price of Hanes or Fruit of the Loom at Target/Walmart. But it's possible.
    Thanks SteveinMN....with the prices quoted online, I ought to not only be able to atone for my own transgressions but for the next two generations!

Yeah, DH looked up some 100% cotton briefs and said they were soooooo expensive. I suppose though, when you consider how many times you might wear them, the price wouldn't seem so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Yeah, DH looked up some 100% cotton briefs and said they were soooooo expensive. I suppose though, when you consider how many times you might wear them, the price wouldn't seem so bad.
    There is that...

(Full disclosure, I don't own a single pair of made-in-USA underwear.) I may have related this story in this forum earier, but the first time my current wife went with me to the food co-op to shop, she picked up a brick of fairly-common cheese and was shocked at the price (I don't remember; maybe $7-8/lb.). "It's so expensive!" "Actually, that's the price of cheese when you treat the cattle humanely and don't let their manure pollute the environment, pay the farm workers a wage they can live on and not have to visit the ER for routine medical care, and sell it in a store in which every employee makes a local living wage and has health coverage and tuition reimbursement."

Maybe the question is not "Why is Product A so expensive?" but "Why is Product B so cheap?" Is Product B really cheaper when so much of its production is subsidized by everyone?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information