Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i got an interview!

Good luck!

Go in wanting to find out more of the role that is required of you thereby showing your interest and the documents listed earlier showing your preparations. Do a written summary of all the skills that you have accumulated at your present location to remind yourself of what a capable person you are and read it often in mental preparation.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Okay great, i am writing out and practicing the answers to common questions.i also timed myself since i tend to over or under talk. I am not sure what the questions will be since this is an advocate job, not a classroom job. I assume strengths, weaknesses, about self, probably equity in our district, why i am looking for a new job, and maybe teamwork. I texted with my coach and askedif what to bring, so resume, a calendar of my current after school programming, data that is relevent. I have a binder with transcripts and everything, it is all based on elementary work but it won't hurt to bring it. Just need to clean it up. Since this is my same district that makes some things simple

Your preparations for your job interview are all excellent, in my estimation.

Have you thought about questions you would ask about the position, if invited?

I wonder what you can do to make it feel good for the interviewer(s) to select you. A hopeful smile might do that. If you are already sitting and meditating on the days leading up to the interview date, I might suggest smiling inwardly... smiling in approval of your own being. Such a smile does not seem forced or phony. A smile is as contagious as a yawn.

I am visualizing you as poised as a rainbow trout.

Oh good, that's encouraging! I hope it goes well.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    I wonder what you can do to make it feel good for the interviewer(s) to select you. A hopeful smile might do that. If you are already sitting and meditating on the days leading up to the interview date, I might suggest smiling inwardly... smiling in approval of your own being. Such a smile does not seem forced or phony. A smile is as contagious as a yawn.
    Great advice. The inward attitude that shines outward is key. When I interviewed people I really latched onto enthusiasm and sincerity.

You are doing a great job preparing!

ETA: See this video below for what NOT to do.

https://vimeo.com/239050403

A friend sent this to me a couple of months ago. DH and I died laughing. My millennial kids didn't get it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks all, I think it is funny you had a fish thing dado, I am a watery person and spent many years swimming every chance I got.

I found out one of my parents knows 3 staff at this school, I confided in her since she is a district employee and works in special education. I am not going to meditation tonight so that I can do some more preparation

You will do awesome. YOu are so ready for a new great opportunity)

Good Luck my best thoughts are with and yes to everything mschrisgo2 says!
    And, yes breathe!

Wishing you to shine your best possible self at this interview! I can see you calm, poised, enthusiastic and inquisitive - even if it ends up not working out it will be great practice for the new position that will open up for you!

Thread Information