She was in denial the whole time that she would be moving (there's no dementia, she was just hoping for a miracle). She packed nothing. Hubby did the best he could to work with her and take her orders as to what to bring, but she forgot shoes and underwear. So first day hubby had to go purchase underwear.

Yesterday we took the day to enjoy ourselves. Today we spent 7 hours starting to clean out the apartment. This woman was a serious hoarder. So much junk, rickety falling apart furniture, dust and grime. She really should have listened to my husband when he tried to get her to move 10 years ago. We packed at least 8 garbage bags of junk, a whole section of a room of stuff that is going to our "take it or leave it" shed at our recycling center (dozens and dozens of vases, candle holders etc- maybe someone will want them) and hundreds and hundreds of pictures. We spent hours taking them out of frames (most of which fell apart instantly) so we could pile them up by sibling to mail them. 4 of the 6 kids are hundreds of miles away. We haven't even really touched the place yet. There is crap on every surface, tables piled on tables with stuff on them, items with worn electrical plugs in ratty extension cords plugged into other extension cords. Its a wonder she 1) didn't have a fire 2) didn't collapse under all those items toppling down.

On the way home from her apartment, we dropped off the shoes and the underwear. She was determined to be pissy. Would not acknowledge me, nothing but complaints to my husband. He was doing everything wrong. She wanted him to drive back to her apartment and pick up her melatonin. I flat out said no to another 80 mile round trip. Husband says he'll bring them tomorrow. She keeps asking multiple times. Hub says we spent the day sorting pictures. She didn't like that. She wanted the kids to come pick them up. He reminds her that one is in FL, another in SC and another in IA. She's upset we took them out of the frames. After about 1/2 hour of complaints, we leave. And she starts with the sarcasm, "oh go have some FUN".

You know how you hear about these old people in homes, how no ever comes to visit with them? I know why. She is really determined to be unhappy.