Whew, so I can hear the 'I told you so' now. I really got caught up in helping this staff and saw some improvement, and then another illness had her out all last week. part of it was illness and part of it seemed emotional based on me saying I would accept her 2 week letter based on the first time she talked to me about it. Of course being the wonderfully stable person she is, she wanted to take it back. When I said then her absences would be an issue and my supervisor was watching the situation she proceeded to say he was out to get her. Her resignation letter also said that he 'wanted her gone'. I have not said that and he has not said that, but we have both talked to her about her absences.

Now I have a text message saying something about me not putting the safety of the children first by her leaving. I am not answering and let my supervisor know. Overall this seems to be the year of not understanding or getting confused, I should have detailed notes of every conversation I have with everyone, or recordings!