Thread: she turned in notice

she turned in notice

Whew, so I can hear the 'I told you so' now. I really got caught up in helping this staff and saw some improvement, and then another illness had her out all last week. part of it was illness and part of it seemed emotional based on me saying I would accept her 2 week letter based on the first time she talked to me about it. Of course being the wonderfully stable person she is, she wanted to take it back. When I said then her absences would be an issue and my supervisor was watching the situation she proceeded to say he was out to get her. Her resignation letter also said that he 'wanted her gone'. I have not said that and he has not said that, but we have both talked to her about her absences.

Now I have a text message saying something about me not putting the safety of the children first by her leaving. I am not answering and let my supervisor know. Overall this seems to be the year of not understanding or getting confused, I should have detailed notes of every conversation I have with everyone, or recordings!

You are whipping yourself into a frenzy by attempting to bring the irrational to a rational end. Your employee is irrational, reactive, and unprofessional. It doesnt matter what she says now that she has resigned, ignore her. Anyway, you have assured us here that you are never out of compliance with the number of caregivers on site, so how could she have a factual case?

Something you should consider is that your boss dropped what he was doing to fill in at your workplace, coveing for this problem employee, the one he wanted you to fire in the first place. I would be a little ticked about that, were I him. This assumes I am reading correctly the scenarios you describe.

Fair enough, just so glad to be at the end of this. I know he wanted me to let her go, and the huge debacle when I called him was asking if I could since she had shown improvement on the plan I set for her in the time that I set it. I really didn't know if we would be covered if I let her go. And I was a little excited that after all the work I was seeing improvement and maybe we could have a good team. Heck as supportive as I have been I would have preferred this year without her, I wanted to let her go with the DUI but HR said she could stay and that was not my call. Maybe I should have pushed harder at that time.

Yes he has a right to be frustrated, and yet she is certainly not the only one who called in. To be fair when he came out and subbed I had a yoga teacher with diagnosed flu, 2 verified cases of strep that week (different days out thank goodness) and her. It generally has to be more than one staff before all my back-ups are exhausted. It has bee a rough year with adult illness,

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Fair enough, just so glad to be at the end of this. I know he wanted me to let her go, and the huge debacle when I called him was asking if I could since she had shown improvement on the plan I set for her in the time that I set it. I really didn't know if we would be covered if I let her go. And I was a little excited that after all the work I was seeing improvement and maybe we could have a good team. Heck as supportive as I have been I would have preferred this year without her, I wanted to let her go with the DUI but HR said she could stay and that was not my call. Maybe I should have pushed harder at that time.

Yes he has a right to be frustrated, and yet she is certainly not the only one who called in. To be fair when he came out and subbed I had a yoga teacher with diagnosed flu, 2 verified cases of strep that week (different days out thank goodness) and her. It generally has to be more than one staff before all my back-ups are exhausted. It has bee a rough year with adult illness,
    Management sucks. Especially scheduling management.

I am having a vodka, toasting the idea that you will get a job with no scheduling responsibilities!

Thread Information