Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting, multiple fatalities

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Dmc we had another gun buyback session in St. Louis just a few months ago.

we are still trending dor no 1 in the country for homicides, so yay us!
    What, you mean the thugs aren’t turning in their guns?

I had a couple of old junk double barrel shotguns, old Damascus barreled antiques. I was thinking of turning them in but what they were offering wasn’t worth the trip to town. I hear some went down and offered to pay a little more to the people in line if they had something that was worth something. Most were just turning in old junk that had been sitting in closets or under the bed for years.

Williamsmith
    Trump is first and foremost a deal maker. The gun control issue is a huge bargaining chip to use with the liberals holding up other issues he may deem more urgent. Like say, immigration reform and the wall. The NRA is not the all powerful lobby many portray them to be. And lately there’s been a concern that they have been infiltrated with moderates and a dash of liberalism. Which is the biggest deal breaker for re-election, not getting anything done on immigration reform or letting a few restrictions for gun ownership pass without too much complaining?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Trump is first and foremost a deal maker. The gun control issue is a huge bargaining chip to use with the liberals holding up other issues he may deem more urgent. Like say, immigration reform and the wall. The NRA is not the all powerful lobby many portray them to be. And lately there’s been a concern that they have been infiltrated with moderates and a dash of liberalism. Which is the biggest deal breaker for re-election, not getting anything done on immigration reform or letting a few restrictions for gun ownership pass without too much complaining?
    as much as I think a great big beautiful wall is stupid, I hope you are right. As long as the controls aren’t symbolic. The fact that you can have a history like this last guy and walk in and buy a gun of this type should make us all ashamed.

And so so far I have not seen a good deal maker, just a bully who belittles and fires people who don’t agree with him.

I do wonder how long until the push for an armed presence in schools, swings the other way, and they start talking about the militarization of police in side the schools.
    Just like views swing, there seems to be several trains of thought on the whole NRA thing, that leaves them with a damned if they do, damned if they don't position. (my understanding is the NRA requested the government, do another review of bump stocks, that they have found perfectly legal twice before, in an antigun presidency, which should get the same results)
    For those who argue compromise, I would guess they are FEELING hungry, rather then reasoning. I found an illustration that demonstrates the two arguments: http://i.imgur.com/lb3jsvo.png

Williamsmith
    The one thing about thta illustration is they left out the expiration of the assault weapons ban which flooded the market with AR15s. It was a big piece of that cake that was given back. All my life I have obserced that groups are judged not by what the majority of law abiding members do, but by what a few screwballs do. And the entire group is punished. This will be no different. Who looks into the eye of a child whose best friend was eviscerated by a projectile shot from an AR15 and says.....”Yes, that sucks.....but we can’t do without the AR15....second amendment ya know.” It just won’t flush this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    The one thing about thta illustration is they left out the expiration of the assault weapons ban which flooded the market with AR15s. It was a big piece of that cake that was given back. All my life I have obserced that groups are judged not by what the majority of law abiding members do, but by what a few screwballs do. And the entire group is punished. This will be no different. Who looks into the eye of a child whose best friend was eviscerated by a projectile shot from an AR15 and says.....”Yes, that sucks.....but we can’t do without the AR15....second amendment ya know.” It just won’t flush this time.
    Here is the tshirt: http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...shootings-tour
    And all the while you could be singing that song about Brenda Spencer. (I don't like Monday's)

Youth are a force to be reckoned with if they put their hearts and minds together for a common benefit. Do you think that this situation will trigger a joint effort by youth to take charge of the situation and demand tools and support to create a safer school environment across the country? There is always a tipping point. Since youth have been the target, youth may well say, "Enough, what can we do to stop it from happening?"
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Youth made a difference in the sixties, and ushered in a new era. I think the time is well past for an uprising.

I am a teacher.

i do not want to take a bullet for your child.
    i do not want to put a bullet in your child.

i am a mother.
    and I watched my children and their friends grow up, and I love them. But for a long time, they were idiots. if you don’t think you can trust them with beer, why in the hell would you let them have a gun?

Gun (you can arm a kid who is too young to drive)
    Car
    vote
    Beer

personally, I think it should be
    beer,
    car,
    vote,
    gun.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Youth made a difference in the sixties, and ushered in a new era. I think the time is well past for an uprising.
    I hope so. The adults in charge have screwed up big time.

Thread Information