Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting, multiple fatalities

I’m not to worried about our government. But I am conserned with some of the people. I live in a area that has been hit by hurricanes, and during that time you really can’t count on anyone helping you if after the stores have been cleaned out the thugs start looking at the affluent neighborhoods.

But if the gun control people want to turn any weapons they may have over to the government, they are free to do so. I really don’t see any way, at least in my lifetime. That the government confiscates billions of dollars of voters personal property. They can’t even find and get rid of a few million illegal aliens.

I guess our kids and teachers will have to be in school/prisons because that seems preferable to many. Makes me glad at this point that I have no grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I guess our kids and teachers will have to be in school/prisons because that seems preferable to many. Makes me glad at this point that I have no grandchildren.
    Lots of government buildings have security/metal detectors. Why should public schools be different? It seems like a fairly prudent measure to me. I suspect a war on guns would have similar results to the war on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    It would be a handgun against a tank. Who are we kidding.
    Afghanistan, and Russia sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I’m not to worried about our government. But I am conserned with some of the people. I live in a area that has been hit by hurricanes, and during that time you really can’t count on anyone helping you if after the stores have been cleaned out the thugs start looking at the affluent neighborhoods.
    Thank God I have neither guns nor affluence.

I got no lock on the door - that's no way to be
    They can steal the rug from the floor - that's OK with me
    'Cause the things that I prize - like the stars in the skies - are all free

--Porgy and Bess
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Ie was in DC last weekend and I saw more security presence than ever before. I have been there at least four times a year for the past 12 years. Many more men with secret service vests, lines of workers in the AM waiting to go through metal detectors and have their bags searched on the perimeter of buildings. But then again, rich white men (and to a lesser degree, rich white women) are far more valuable to our society than children. Maybe while we are at it any rich white men in jail for white collar crimes like tax evasion, insider trading and the like should get a blanket pardon and be done with it. They are far more valuable on the outside generating more wealth for other rich people than playing tennis and strolling the grounds of minimum security “country club” prisons. Besides, their children can go to elite private schools so they are far safer.

And how does hate for rich white men solve criminals from killing people? Are the majority of gun crimes committed by rich white guys? I’m guessing most is gang related, but that would target another group.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    And how does hate for rich white men solve criminals from killing people? Are the majority of gun crimes committed by rich white guys? I’m guessing most is gang related, but that would target another group.
    i don’t hate rich white men. I am just realistic they are running the show. Look at say the house intelligence committee. Notice all the white men on it? As well for all the other committees. And the cabinet? Lots of rich white male faces. They are not affected by many of the policies they make like a lot of their constituents

take abortion, planned parenthood funding and access to mammograms and Pap smears. If men were affected by pregnancy and those types of cancers those clinics would be on every corner. Just saying they are out of touch.

And yes, they are responsible for the gun policies in the US. They rule the roost and happily take campaign finance money from the NRA or Pro abortion groups On both sides of the aisle whether or not it benefits normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    And yes, they are responsible for the gun policies in the US. They rule the roost and happily take campaign finance money from the NRA or Pro abortion groups On both sides of the aisle whether or not it benefits normal people.
    Actually, the US Constitution is responsible for gun policies in the US. "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    I suppose you could blame white men or all men or men of various ethnicities for maintaining your right to the means of self defense, but that may sound too noble for the argument made.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

It was privileged white men who wrote the Constitution, after all.

Thread Information