Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 526

Thread: Another school shooting, multiple fatalities

  1. #441
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    My guess would be that he pled to a lesser charge.
    Probably.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  2. #442
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    The newspaper reported the charges.
    Did the newspaper also report that despite the charges and subsequent plea he was allowed to keep his concealed carry permit?

    You said "Somehow him pulling a gun on someone whilst he was intoxicated is not enough to revoke his CCW" , despite the law being very clear.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  3. #443
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Did the newspaper also report that despite the charges and subsequent plea he was allowed to keep his concealed carry permit?

    You said "Somehow him pulling a gun on someone whilst he was intoxicated is not enough to revoke his CCW" , despite the law being very clear.
    No, the newspaper did not say that. The "somehow" was likely a plea deal.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  4. #444
    Senior Member razz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,806
    Very interesting links to read, Bae. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

  5. #445
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    No, the newspaper did not say that. The "somehow" was likely a plea deal.
    So, the applicable statute does not require a conviction, but rather just an arrest or charge in order to kick in the requirement that a valid concealed carry weapon permit be revoked. I'm curious to know if his CCW was revoked as the law requires or is there an assumption not based in fact in the story as presented?

    I'm asking these questions because I've discovered that we really have to be careful with things we read on the internet. An example being that in the latest school shooting, some news reports, and even one of our members, reported that the shooter used a shotgun, a pistol and an AR15 rifle when there was in fact no AR15 used. I understand the need people have to advance a narrative, I'm trying to understand yours.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  6. #446
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So, the applicable statute does not require a conviction, but rather just an arrest or charge in order to kick in the requirement that a valid concealed carry weapon permit be revoked. I'm curious to know if his CCW was revoked as the law requires or is there an assumption not based in fact in the story as presented?

    I'm asking these questions because I've discovered that we really have to be careful with things we read on the internet. An example being that in the latest school shooting, some news reports, and even one of our members, reported that the shooter used a shotgun, a pistol and an AR15 rifle when there was in fact no AR15 used. I understand the need people have to advance a narrative, I'm trying to understand yours.
    The newspaper said he was charged with "weapons while intoxicated."
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  7. #447
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,781
    Very interesting links to read, Bae. Thanks.
    only does the influence of American culture/news really stop at the physical borders, I mean the whole world hears of this news. But the shootings don't seem to travel much beyond U.S. borders.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

  8. #448
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,565
    That's because of the gun control laws that many other countries have. People don't have access to AR-15's.

  9. #449
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That's because of the gun control laws that many other countries have. People don't have access to AR-15's.
    What's the practical difference between an AR-15 and the following semi-automatic rifles available in Canada without restrictions?




    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  10. #450
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    7,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What's the practical difference between an AR-15 and the following semi-automatic rifles available in Canada without restrictions?
    Frustratingly, though some of the nicer ones of those are for sale at great prices in a gunstore in Canada just a few miles from my house, I am not allowed to buy one and bring it home, because the one I want is made with parts from some country the USA is grumpy with. So instead of $400 Canadian (which is what, $37 US?), I have to pay $2400 for the nearly-identical item, made with all-US parts....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •