Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting, multiple fatalities

On February 21, one week after the 2/14/18 Parkland shootings, President Trump, along with VP Pence and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, met in the White House with survivors of the Parkland shooting incident, as well as families of the 17 murdered Parkland students and faculty. Also in attendance were families representing the dead students of Columbine (1999) and Sandy Hook Elementary (2012).

President Trump said, "We want to learn everything we can. Starting about 2 minutes after this meeting we are going to work. We don't want others to go through the kind of pain that you've gone through. It wouldn't be right..."

VP Pence stated at the outset of the listening session that the administration would make school safety the administration's top priority.

Andrew Pollock, whose 18-year-old daughter was murdered in the Parkland shooting incident, denounced the lack of effective response since Columbine. "It doesn't make sense. Fix it! There should have been one school shooting. We should have fixed it. And I am pissed. Because my daughter is in the cemetery..."

A Parkland survivor asked, "How many children have to get shot?"

President Trump promised, "We're going to get it done. It's not going to be talk like it was in the past."

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Dado they sent thoughts and prayers. Not enough?

I'm going to say something unpopular but first, my deepest symphthy to everyone affected. In my opinion, this isn't a political problem, it's a spiritual one. The bible says the thief (satan) comes to steel, kill and destroy. Everyone wants peace, but no one wants the Prince of peace (Jesus). When satan temped Jesus, he took him on top of a mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the earth and told him he could have all of it if he would bow down and worship him. He couldn't have offered it if it wasn't his. We live in a sinful, depraved, fallen world. And the only cure for that is a sinless resurrected Savior. God sometimes works thru people, unfortunatly so does satan. You can't fix a spiritual problem with a earthly solution.

There is a earthly solution but unfortunately NRA and other powerful people/corporations own our spineless politicians. We could have solved this problem a long time ago. This won't be popular either.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    There is a earthly solution but unfortunately NRA and other powerful people/corporations own our spineless politicians. We could have solved this problem a long time ago. This won't be popular either.
    Really? How could this problem have been solved?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Baldilocks,

Gun violence indeed may be a problem with a spiritual aspect. Often the shooter is a young male who has experienced shaming, without having developed a coping mechanism to compensate for the pain. I would not rule out religion as a potential coping mechanism. To any one who prays with intention, I would request your prayers.

At the same time, we can strive energetically (work) to eliminate gun violence in schools.

The two methods by which we are allowed to produce events may be called work and prayer. -- C. S. "Jack" Lewis (1898-1963)

[QUOTE=dado potato;297205]
    Gun violence indeed may be a problem with a spiritual aspect.

It's not the gun. The old testament teaches we aren't suppose to murder. Jesus teaches we arn't suppose to be angry with our brother. Without the anger, there isn't murder.

If everyone believed “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” the whole world could be filled with guns and it would not be a problem.

Someone in my town intentionally ran over a person with his car. So the absence of the gun didn't make a difference. The only thing that can defeat hate is love, and God is Love.

[QUOTE=Baldilocks;297223]
    Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Gun violence indeed may be a problem with a spiritual aspect.

It's not the gun. The old testament teaches we aren't suppose to murder. Jesus teaches we arn't suppose to be angry with our brother. Without the anger, there isn't murder.

If everyone believed “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” the whole world could be filled with guns and it would not be a problem.

Someone in my town intentionally ran over a person with his car. So the absence of the gun didn't make a difference. The only thing that can defeat hate is love, and God is Love.
    Do you know how many people have been killed and murdered in the name of Christianity? Remember The Crusades?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Really? How could this problem have been solved?
    Thoughts and prayers. I’m surprised they havent been suggested before.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Dado they sent thoughts and prayers. Not enough?
    I find it amusing that so many people who sneer so vehemently at thoughts and prayers put such faith in the mystical power of a few more laws as a sort of road to redemption.

Thread Information