Thread: And still another school shooting - Colorado 5/7/19

And still another school shooting - Colorado 5/7/19

Started with 2 injured and right now up to 7. Two suspects in custody and 1 more still being "engaged". When will this stop?????
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It won't. So far as the gun lobby is concerned, any number of deaths and maimings are acceptable collateral damage to protect their "rights." Not to mention protecting the gun manufacturers' profits, and making sure the likes of Wayne LaPierre and Ollie North keep pulling down their seven-figure salaries.

I admit I naively thought that Sandy Hook might make some difference. But if the NRA and their minions could successfully spin the slaughter of 20 six-year-olds. Sanity has no chance.

Totally agree OH.

Thank you for dating this, in Colorado we lose track of which shooting it is,.

One child died (15yo)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Thank you for dating this, in Colorado we lose track of which shooting it is,.

One child died (15yo)
    I also heard about that one during the same news hour. So, so sad.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Sad to say the Denver Post is publishing items about How do you talk to your kids about the STEM school shooting?

"Parents should <should!> listen and talk to their children after <yet another!> school shooting. They should keep the conversation age-appropriate. What would Mister Rogers say?

"Parents should reassure children that they are safe. <Probably>"

Now we have kids who believe that when they go to school, it is possible they will not come home at the end of the day. Kids with previous traumas and losses tend to be more accepting of the idea that they could be shot before they are, say, 15 years old.

http://www.nasponline.org/resources-...s-and-teachers

The scariest thing at school when I was growing up was a paddle and/or a trip to the principal's office. Present circumstances would have been unimaginable (is that a word?). How sad that children have to experience first hand this weird, violent culture we have wrought.

Totally wrong and don’t know what I would do if I had a child now. People love guns more than children. I have no words for this.

The news last night talked with a couple of the staff from one of the hospitals where victims were taken. They said there were people on their staff who had attended to three school shooting victims over the years. From what I know of the STEM neighborhood, it is pretty much upper middle class. Not generally wealthy, but nice large homes with a lot of three car garages. It might be interesting to have demographics for these events look at commonalities among the various communities. Maybe it would help, maybe not. It's just sad.

Thread Information