Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Another school shooting, multiple fatalities

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Frustratingly, though some of the nicer ones of those are for sale at great prices in a gunstore in Canada just a few miles from my house, I am not allowed to buy one and bring it home, because the one I want is made with parts from some country the USA is grumpy with. So instead of $400 Canadian (which is what, $37 US?), I have to pay $2400 for the nearly-identical item, made with all-US parts....

Bae, the exchange rate is bad but not that bad. Try US$310. Could not resist. But remember, you are making America great again
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    [/B]
    Bae, the exchange rate is bad but not that bad. Try US$310. Could not resist. But remember, you are making America great again
    One of the things I want is a lovely bolt-action rifle from Australia. Unfortunately it has a stock made of hardwood from A Country The USA Hates, and it is prohibited to import weapons parts from Such Naughty Countries. Foolish rules.

Also, sometimes that store has great prices on ammunition. Unfortunately, about 96 pages of forms have to be filled out and an import permit issued before I can bring it back into the USA, which takes about 6 months. Regulations are so much fun.

Another school shooting today

Yes, the Noblesville IN incident today was at least the 21st school shooting in 2018. The youth with 2 handguns shot a female student. He was tackled by a science teacher, who he shot three times.