Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting, multiple fatalities

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Could we keep the topic to one type of child mass murder at a time, please? This thread is about killing kids with AR15s. Start another thread if you want to discuss killing kids in their mothers womb.

https://youtu.be/hXn9ZKPx6CY
    I'm good with that and apologize for contributing to the distraction. this thread has been far better than I ever expected in terms of keeping kids alive. I try not to get enticed by shiny bobbles, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Could we keep the topic to one type of child mass murder at a time, please? This thread is about killing kids with AR15s. Start another thread if you want to discuss killing kids in their mothers womb.

https://youtu.be/hXn9ZKPx6CY
    no. Too bad if you donT like it. This is a discussion board and a discussion is underway. am trying to understand positions which I consider conflicting and confusing. I have learned so much by questioning people here on this forum. My friends are all well educated liberal women and sometimes getting an opposing view, especially in context of rights as a US Citizen is timely. Skip over or ignore comments you don’t like. These pages of comments have really brought forward views that I never would have considered because normal people taking to other normal people, without some news media with an agenda butting in, is very difficult to find. We are incredibly lucky to be able to get unfiltered. opinions from people with a totally different viewpoint from ours

But getting back back to the main topic, the shooting I have am interesting story. Yesterday a bunch of protestors went to Tallahassee to protest our very liberal gun laws. They were for a better background check system and a better reporting system (this guy Cruz was reported over and over to the local police and FBI). They want to raise the age to buy such weapons. Keeping guns out of people who like this guy, had public profiles saying he was going to shoot up the school. There was no mention of banning guns for law abiding citizens or taking them away.
    you should see the editorial comments in the paper following a brief story about the protesters, of which many were retired teachers, having spent their lives in a classroom. The comments were Absolutely skewering them. Calling them pawns of Hillary and Soros, saying they were uninformed and more guns would have helped. Calling them pathetic losers, wussies, and some comments that teetered on being actual threats of violence. Saying someone with a small pistol could have easily taken out the shooter. If that were so the resource officer and first police on the scene would have rushed in. Comments full of hate. As soon as the shooting La Pierre was saying anyone calling for any type of gun control wants to abolish the second amendment. That is untrue of most people. They just want to stop the ridiculous madness.

Flowers, I agree, discussions that meander into topics other than the main one are often useful. And it is good that we have thoughtful people on both side of the aisle for these discussions.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-27-18 at 8:51am.

Williamsmith
    Satire people..........satire.

ok, that too!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    and here I thought I had a moment of temporary insanity. I watched a few minutes of President Bone Spurs draft dodger saying the officers who did not go into the school were disgraceful cowards. And that he would have rushed in without a gun. I think I went crazy.

Wow, after 11 days of a cruise with no news this thread is very interesting. Hearing the Orange One say he would have run in unarmed made me laugh so hard. He probably means he would have made one of his workers do it) I agree with you Flowers in so much of what you have said. A few years ago a local teacher here intervened without a weapon and of course he died. That is a true hero. BTW Trump now wants to eliminate aid for low income people to heat their homes many of which are seniors. I think that is one way to save $ is to freeze the seniors to death right before you cut Medicare and SS. Whenever, we take a cruise we decide to be ignorant of the news and never turn on the TV. It makes for a relaxing vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    and here I thought I had a moment of temporary insanity. I watched a few minutes of President Bone Spurs draft dodger saying the officers who did not go into the school were disgraceful cowards. And that he would have rushed in without a gun. I think I went crazy.
    That would do it to you.

I see that the Governor of Rhode Island, Gina Raimondo, signed an executive order which directs all law enforcement in the state to use "all available legal steps" to remove firearms from people who have shown warning signs, including recently making threats of violence online or in person. The order also launches a campaign to educate the public about signs that could indicate that a person poses a threat.

Governor Raimondo remarked: "The heartbreaking shooting at Parkland has once again proven that if the federal government won't act, states need to do more to prevent the gun violence that has become far too common." She urged the state legislature to take swift action to pass comprehensive legislation on gun safety.

The governments of NY, NJ, MA, RI, DE and CT along with Puerto Rico have formed a new coalition of States for Gun Safety.

That is awesome!

Thread Information