Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How people survive around the world by income

How people survive around the world by income

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4L130DkdOw

Wasn't sure where to post this thread, but here it goes! Enjoy!

Wow! That was cool. I've always understood that I was at the upper end of a rich country, and now I see it bluntly spelled out in images. I didn't even see my toothbrush (a sonicare) in there. It's the best toothbrush I've ever owned by far in terms of keeping my teeth healthy, but it wasn't cheap, the refill brushes aren't cheap, and for a lot of the world even the access to stable electricity to charge it would be beyond their means.

That was very informative. Thanks so much for posting.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yes thanks, I thought that was a worthwhile watch.

This has really resonated with me and I find myself thinking about it alot. I wish I could get access to the entire project and pull up the comparisons she was demonstrating.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Thank you!!!!!

This was interesting - as is the website. It shows how strongly economic classes do divide us by showing how homogenous we are across the world when looked at by class.

Thanks for watching everyone. I thought a few at this forum would like it! A lot of food for thought. I remember what my parents told me about life during the depression. They never viewed themselves as poor, because everyone around them had the same lifestyle in terms of food, possessions, etc. So they did not feel bad. They had enough to eat, and three outfits to wear, one for church, one for school, and one for working and playing outside. They were happy. I think it is much more difficult to downscale your life when you are used to having so much. I think about how difficult it is to imagine living without a car, a closet full of clothes, a bed, sofa, all the other things in that right hand side of the video. We are constricted by all our stuff!

Well nothing new but thanks for sharing. I was living with the monthly salary around $200 when I was in Vietnam though.
    “Salt in the air, sand in my hair.”

Thread Information