Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zucchini noodles

Zucchini noodles

I don't particularly like zucchini.......it gets so mushy. But recently I had a freebie Kohls gift card and bought a hand spiralizer. It's pretty hard on my arthritic hands.......so today I ordered an easier one. But.......I love these zucchini noodles. I just "spiralize" them, add them to a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook them for just a couple minutes. Yum! I'm even going back to growing zucchini again........although I have to figure out how to keep the squash bugs away. Anyhow.......it's always fun to find a new way of eating a vegetable.

I've always been suspicious of those spiralizers when I see them advertised. But maybe I need to consider getting one. Since I do most of the weekday cooking I'm always looking for something new and reasonably healthy.

Yppej
    I buy them already spiralized. They also have butternut squash, carrot, and sone others, I think beet. I do have a grater and grate zucchini for omelets.

Zucchini noodles make a great stand in for sesame noodles. Good summer dish as I keep the noodles raw. No steam in the kitchen.

I got a spiralizer as a gift once. I tried it once or twice and just wasn't crazy about the clean-up and one-trick-pony aspect of it. I gave it to our daughter, who was thinking of trying one. She's used it a few times, though I think it's been a victim of time lost to a heavy-duty career and two little kids. I know people who love 'em. But I think I've just largely moved away from noodle-type dishes in which vegetable noodles will be successful. I'll buy them pre-made for the occasions I want to use them.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Tjis thread just reminds me to use a knife when making squash pieces. Sure,
    I cant make noodles but I can make slivers, and I dont have another appliance around the house.

I love the spiralizer I have. You just move the dial and it makes the size you want. There is no changing blades or whatever. It is wonderful for roasting vegetables. It takes about 15 minutes! Cleanup is a snap too.

I'm not a fan of zucchini, either--it's one of my least favorite vegetables, way down the list from okra and beets. And I have a spiralizer, but I've never made zoodles. I've heard they're not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm not a fan of zucchini, either--it's one of my least favorite vegetables, way down the list from okra and beets. And I have a spiralizer, but I've never made zoodles. I've heard they're not bad...
    Use for noodles with spaghetti sauce. Very good!

I might try zoodles with peanut sauce; that used to be a staple around here.

Thread Information