Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $160 per month due to new tax law.

I think we were the last holdouts in our old hood still pushing a mower and we had almost half an acre. Our neighbors there had everything farmed out - even people to pick up the dog poop every week. I guess if you have the bucks, you can decide how to spend the extra.

I didn’t object to dmc’s lawn care.

i simply stated something I wonder about from time to time when I see dmc’s comments.

and threw out my own lawn care as a single point of contrast.

perhaps dmc is fully aware of how his lifestyle compares to others. Perhaps it compares very favorably to his old lifestyle because he worked very hard to get there. I just don’t know this from the posts I have seen, and so, sometimes I wonder.

my other statements were an attempt to illustrate that $160/month is often NOT crumbs.

his “I know it seems like crumbs to some” is confusing to me, because it seems to imply that either he agrees that it is very little money (which for most of the world it is not), or that it is a significant amount of money to him, which doesn’t seem to fit with some of his other posts.

Also, I did not intend to be rude. I often have communication issues because I am apparently bad at language choices. Depending on how well you know me, I am open, direct, blunt, tactless, or rude - same words, same harmless intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I didn’t object to dmc’s lawn care.

i simply stated something I wonder about from time to time when I see dmc’s comments.

and threw out my own lawn care as a single point of contrast.

perhaps dmc is fully aware of how his lifestyle compares to others. Perhaps it compares very favorably to his old lifestyle because he worked very hard to get there. I just don’t know this from the posts I have seen, and so, sometimes I wonder.

my other statements were an attempt to illustrate that $160/month is often NOT crumbs.

his “I know it seems like crumbs to some” is confusing to me, because it seems to imply that either he agrees that it is very little money (which for most of the world it is not), or that it is a significant amount of money to him, which doesn’t seem to fit with some of his other posts.

I think dmc doesn't mind if his posts poke folks here, CL. Personally, I find it funny when he gets a predictible rise.

Another great thing about this forum is that all demographics participate and get along (for the most part). We have such a broad continuum across income & means, work experiences, political persuasion and religious orientation. So awesome.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    My wife has a pension and her new withholding has changed $160 per month in her favor. I know it’s just crumbs for some, but it will cover our lawn care. So yea!
    I personally wish the tax incentives were not there and the deficit were less. As you said, $160 is not a lot but if you add that up for so many people ... it is H U G E! What a waste! As noted previously, the bigger your wealth the greater the tax savings. Ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I personally wish the tax incentives were not there and the deficit were less. As you said, $160 is not a lot but if you add that up for so many people ... it is H U G E! What a waste!
    Yes, we should force our government to live within it's means.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I used the term crumbs because that’s what Pelosi called the tax breaks. I realize that we have it good, but I also know that I paid quite a bit in taxes along the way.

There are are many that are much better off than me and there are many with less. And I’ve had much less, but never more.

life is good. And I still see opertunities all around me.

be careful, less withholding often means a tax bill at the end of the year........pay now or pay later.........

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, we should force our government to live within it's means.
    Not lowering taxes over and over while ratcheting up our defense budget would have gone a long way toward seeing to that.

Thread Information