Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bitterness growing for 40 years

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But you can always move back. Its not an irrevocable decision.

I realize that is easier said tha. Done, but it is doable.
    That is very true. I have been thinking this lately, as we contemplate a move to be closer to family. Nothing is set in stone until you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    That is very true. I have been thinking this lately, as we contemplate a move to be closer to family. Nothing is set in stone until you die.
    Next week we get possession of our second house and we start a new adventure. I am really, really pumped by it, but also am apprehensive about how it will work out.

I always look at the worst case scenario and project out several steps. For me, if this turns out to be too much (and that. wont likely come to be for 8-10 years) I will have no trouble selling it, OR could also sell our city house though that will be hard. But DH is impossible anout getting rid of things. Not sure he would ever be able to sell either of these properties.

Fortunately he is fully on board for selling oir spare tiny houses here in the city. Now we have to find a buyer and hope we wont lose too much money. I expect to lose at least a quarter of what we have in them.

I keep my fingers crossed that our CO house will at the least maintain its value since we paid cash. We are doing a lot of improvements so that it will either be nice to live in or ready to sell. One thing for certain - lots of stairs are not fun as you get older - even if you think you are very fit. Back to the OP, I would imagine there is some bitterness on both sides of a very long marriage. It is hard work to be nice to each other at times When I am feeling that way, I just leave the premises or find something to do so that I don't dwell on it.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I have nothing to add except to say I hope you can find happiness in the little things. Every day the sun comes up and the page is blank for the day. Fill your page with small joys. Perhaps the song of a bird, a flower or budding tree, or a song you like. Even a small walk in the middle of the day, or reading an inspirational page of a book can help.

Quote Originally Posted by corkym View Post
    Packratona - You are so right about being thankful! When I am wallowing in ice cream and Chips Ahoy at my pity party for one I try to always thump myself on the head to remind myself you are so much better off than so many people. Take whatever you have and run with it and make it into something. Especially when I reach that time of burnout, I have to force myself to stop and smell the freshly baked donuts and then only eat one instead of three. That is what happened this week, I finally reached burnout after several yrs and I couldn't see beyond the end of my nose and I am so thankful to all of you for giving me perspective.
    Related to eating...a change that I have made recently is to change my eating and exercise point of view and habits. Have lost 15 plus pounds so far, almost 20. I have figured out a system that works for me just great. It makes me feel better to drop that extra weight a little at a time (about a pound a week average).

Quote Originally Posted by Packratona! View Post
    Related to eating...a change that I have made recently is to change my eating and exercise point of view and habits. Have lost 15 plus pounds so far, almost 20. I have figured out a system that works for me just great. It makes me feel better to drop that extra weight a little at a time (about a pound a week average).
    Packratona, how have you done that--changed your eating and exercise point of view and habitsd, I mean?

Packratona, how have you done that--changed your eating and exercise point of view and habitsd, I mean?
    Well, it started out with a system I developed, that I tried out maybe three years ago and then my husband used. He lost I think 100 pounds with it, he was overweight for many years. Now he is a perfect weight! I just got back into it after 10 of us came down with this horrible stomach flu around holiday time in December, we just passed it all around, family and extended family. A real shock to the intestinal system! I think it killed a lot of bad germs in mine, so I used it as a starting point for me to seriously work on my health/weight again. It starts with determination. Determination that you are willing to eat for #1 for health, not have eating for enjoyment as the primary reason. Eating for health comes first and foremost, so that means not eating whatever you want all the time and as much as you want. You eat more healthy and limit quantities. It is somewhat of a challenge, but doable. It is worth it as it means less time being sick, more time enjoying life, and less time being depressed. It would take me a long time to write out my method; it is not that complicated or difficult, but would take some time and I am not sure this is the right venue for it here....

It sounds like a wonderful system, if it allowed you both to lose that kind of weight.

It sounds like a wonderful system, if it allowed you both to lose that kind of weight.
    It works great for us, and I have had several people ask about it. But it would take a lot of time to write it up, and I am pretty busy right now. Plus it really needs to be put in more than written format. Needs to be put in a video or two. Otherwise people will not learn to follow it as intended. It is not really difficult, just takes a bit of learning the routine.
    It is really the only diet program I would use or recommend.

Thread Information