Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Governor has been indicted :(

Uh, Greitens was not charged with blackmail.

He has been charged with invasion of privacy. Our circuit attorney has a weak case against him because is a good legal case that this the woman who entered his basement and took off her clothing looses her expectation of privacy when she does those things. It is all legal technical arguments at this point.

It's certainly possible that he either didn't actually take pictures or that if he did he only intended them for personal use. At this point, unless there's a recording of the phone call it's just a he said, she said whether he actually threatened to potentially blackmail her. But by the same token, bill Clinton wasn't impeached for having sex with that woman, only for lying and trying to cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It's certainly possible that he either didn't actually take pictures or that if he did he only intended them for personal use. At this point, unless there's a recording of the phone call it's just a he said, she said whether he actually threatened to potentially blackmail her. But by the same token, bill Clinton wasn't impeached for having sex with that woman, only for lying and trying to cover it up.
    You people arent getting it.
    Greitens’ girlfriend is not accusing him, there is no he said/she said repartee.

She did not bring charges. She may have been subpoenaed to talk to a grand jury, that part isnt clear and no one is talking about that.

She wants this incident kept quiet and people to leave her alone. Everyone knows her name but it has not been made public in an official way because she wants no part of it.

It is our malicious city attorney who is going full out to “get” Greitens as a political adversary. Kim Gardener is pulling out all stops to slut shame and embarrass the girlfriend for Gardener’s own political gain.So much for Womyn Powering Together and that crap..

Ok, it's apparently a he said/he said. If there's a recording that is actually the governor making the threat then he deserves whatever he's got coming. I'll leave it to a jury to make the determination on the validity of the recording. As for the woman, #metoo has caused some change, but the governor's political friends are still going to lash out at her if they find out who she is so I don't blame her for not wanting any part of this. She can see as well as anyone what ken starr's investigation did to Monica.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...12ccbce59.html

Ok, it's apparently a he said/he said. If there's a recording that is actually the governor making the threat then he deserves whatever he's got coming. I'll leave it to a jury to make the determination on the validity of the recording. As for the woman, #metoo has caused some change, but the governor's political friends are still going to lash out at her if they find out who she is so I don't blame her for not wanting any part of this. She can see as well as anyone what ken starr's investigation did to Monica.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...12ccbce59.html
    sure, a third party, the woman’s ex husband, is playing against her will a recording obtained without her knowledge and consent. So who is invading the woman’s privacy here, Kim Gardener? Pretty obvious to anyone with common sense.

Look, I think it is entirely possible that Eric Greitens took a photo of the girlfriend and hinted or even outright threatened her with it to obtain ner silence. But it is also entirely possible that he didn't and since there is no real victim, who the hell cares? Certainly not the “victim” herself since after this alleged incident she went right back to sex play with Greitens.

What remains undeniable is that Kim Gardener, weak and inefficient city attorney, has not brought charges against Greitens for blackmail. The charges are for taking a photograph. The woman in the photo isnt pressing charges, she wants nothing to do with the sordid public spectacle that Kim Gardener is genning up while wasting my tax dollars.

Obviously there IS a victim here. The dude got cuckolded. He's got to do something about it. Walking up to him in a bar and beating the crap out of the governor probably wasn't an option so he did the best he could. And if the governor did, in fact, take a non-consensual photo he's a dirtbag. And if he made threats with it he deserves to go to jail. Time and the court system, will figure out what the truth is.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    What is so hard about restricting your sex life to a person you are married to? Anybody? Bueller?

I may may be an idiot but I honestly think that is what most people do.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    What is so hard about restricting your sex life to a person you are married to? Anybody? Bueller?

I may may be an idiot but I honestly think that is what most people do.
    without looking it up, what percentage of adults do you think admit to cheating on a spouse?

Obviously there IS a victim here. The dude got cuckolded.
    Some people pay extra for that, heck.

I mean, it could be a mutually-consenting-sorta-thing, who knows? Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Some people pay extra for that, heck.

I mean, it could be a mutually-consenting-sorta-thing, who knows? Who cares?
    Judging from his reaction, and the fact that they have since divorced I’m guessing not so much. But i agree. The importance of monogamt is in the eye of the beholder.

Thread Information