Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about counterfeit goods?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Don't get me started on the ridiculousness of the difficulty of building new homes in San Francisco. After living here ten years I've come to the conclusion that it will never get better unless the tech economy craters again ala dot.com bust 2001. We'll be moving out of this city once we reach retirement.
    That's why I thought it odd that not being granted historical district status would be among Rob's list of grievances against American civilization. I would expect social justice warriors to be out blocking the tech company buses rather than essentially demanding prettier, more costly housing.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That's why I thought it odd that not being granted historical district status would be among Rob's list of grievances against American civilization. I would expect social justice warriors to be out blocking the tech company buses rather than essentially demanding prettier, more costly housing.
    And, currently, 91% of For Sale houses listed in the 85006 are more expensive than the value I put on my own house.

The OP does a poor job of being a poor man from the “lower classes.”

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Indeed. We have a bizarre combination of both wealthier and poorer people doing all they can to block new construction in their neighborhoods. And routine hassles against the tech buses. Just this weekend I was talking to a guy who lives in SF and works down in Cupertino who told me that all the tech buses have been taking the 101 instead of the 280 for the past couple of weeks (worse traffic, much slower) because someone has been hiding in the woods along the 280 and shooting a pellet gun at the buses.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And, currently, 91% of For Sale houses listed in the 85006 are more expensive than the value I put on my own house.

you’re killing me. Who would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

To be fair, if Rob was from the mission district of san framcisco it would be likely that every house for sale in his neighborhood was at least 3x the value of your house.

Goodness, I looked up this zipcode on Zillow and the houses cost five times what my house cost. I did not feel poor until I looked at the prices in 85006!! What the heck is going on in that neighborhood to justify these prices??

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    To be fair, if Rob was from the mission district of san framcisco it would be likely that every house for sale in his neighborhood was at least 3x the value of your house.
    It's been some years since I visited, but I can remember being struck by how some of the country's most expensive real estate could be lining streets that smelled like urine.

I've never thought about it. But obviously the store is selling a lie and lying to the consumer is a no-no, IMHO. It's dishonesty on a corporate level. What makes the dollar store's lie nobler than the lies of any other corporate entity? Is this a Robin Hood scenario? Rob from the corporate brands and give to the poor? Personally, I don't see it that way.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Goodness, I looked up this zipcode on Zillow and the houses cost five times what my house cost. I did not feel poor until I looked at the prices in 85006!! What the heck is going on in that neighborhood to justify these prices??
    I can think of smart ass answers, But obviously, Phoenix is a higher cost of living place than I would have guessed. A good place to have purchased realestate some time ago, and itmay generate wealth for fleeing.

I would not buy counterfeit goods knowingly. Interesting about the cost of housing where Rob lives. Plus doesn't Rob have half ownership in a house there so he has more wealth then he thinks.

Thread Information