Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about counterfeit goods?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ahhh! Focused on legalities by others, and actions by others! Yes! Way to go 85006.
    Have folks in your zip code organized protests against social injustice, IL? I can say that we have in the 85006.........I'm not thrilled about participating in zip code oneupmanship here - that said, however - I do live in a zip code where there are a goodly number of folks who will indeed protest social injustice. Can you say that? (and perhaps you can for all I know, I don't know your zip code and how life there goes).....my point is that the 85006 is far from being one dimensional. People here are not shy about calling America out for what it is and are not shy about standing up to this society when it goes too damned far. This makes me proud and I would not live in the midst of this were I to upgrade to the 85016 - a neigboring higher income zip code. Rob

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    In perspective, how much money do you save a year on toothpaste and shampoo? As opposed to putting quality checked items so close to your brain.

I buy buy all our household supplies and rarely are they on the list. We use 1/2 to 3/4 the recommended amount and squeeze every last bit out. A bar of soap lasts for months. I can’t imagine it would save $10 per year for two people.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    .....I'm not thrilled about participating in zip code oneupmanship here ...
    And me even less since living in a zip code that protests “social injustices” isnt something
    I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And me even less since living in a zip code that protests “social injustices” isnt something
    I care about.
    Given the lessons I have learned in life and seeing this society the way my life experience has led me to, it would be a bit of a culture shock to live somewhere where people just look the other way and not protest injustice when and where they can. I just don't know if I'd be up to this adjustment at this point. Life somewhere where people don't call society out on it's BS sounds so soul depleting and depressing to me - though this is me, your mileage gets to vary and I understand that. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    In perspective, how much money do you save a year on toothpaste and shampoo? As opposed to putting quality checked items so close to your brain.

I buy buy all our household supplies and rarely are they on the list. We use 1/2 to 3/4 the recommended amount and squeeze every last bit out. A bar of soap lasts for months. I can’t imagine it would save $10 per year for two people.
    Most of my toothpaste and shampoo I buy in Mexico when I go down to offshore whatever it is that I am offshoring. I end out paying comparable to what I would pay in Phoenix for US products - at least as far as toothpaste and shampoo go. Rob

Most of my toothpaste and shampoo I buy in Mexico when I go down to offshore whatever it is that I am offshoring. I end out paying comparable to what I would pay in Phoenix for US products - at least as far as toothpaste and shampoo go. Rob
    why not just buy in Phoenix. Support American jobs and all.

Given the lessons I have learned in life and seeing this society the way my life experience has led me to, it would be a bit of a culture shock to live somewhere where people just look the other way and not protest injustice when and where they can. I just don't know if I'd be up to this adjustment at this point. Life somewhere where people don't call society out on it's BS sounds so soul depleting and depressing to me - though this is me, your mileage gets to vary and I understand that. Rob
    Protesting social injustices is not confined to street marches, trying to take a picture so they can sue or a zip code. Every day people fight for children, women, and a host of causes but the focus is on making things better through empowering those who are the downtrodden. Every day in courtrooms, classrooms, hospital rooms, offices and countless other places people fight for what is right. There is such a huge contingent of people in my zip who are fighting tooth and nail to Help the less fortunate. One group I am in gave $41,000 to women’s shelters and retraining for battered women. My library volunteer work group brings more than that to the local schools for supplies, reading programs, and many volunteer as tutors. People actively working toward helping people escape poverty and lift themselves up.
    Check out this organization some of my friends are working on.
    http://www.sozokids.org/sozo-kids.html
    Be the change you want to see.

Protesting social injustices is not confined to street marches, trying to take a picture so they can sue or a zip code. Every day people fight for children, women, and a host of causes but the focus is on making things better through empowering those who are the downtrodden. Every day in courtrooms, classrooms, hospital rooms, offices and countless other places people fight for what is right. There is such a huge contingent of people in my zip who are fighting tooth and nail to Help the less fortunate. One group I am in gave $41,000 to women’s shelters and retraining for battered women. My library volunteer work group brings more than that to the local schools for supplies, reading programs, and many volunteer as tutors. People actively working toward helping people escape poverty and lift themselves up.
    Check out this organization some of my friends are working on.
    http://www.sozokids.org/sozo-kids.html
    Be the change you want to see.
    In my opinion, fighting social injustices--in whatever way that we can--is among the most important things we do as human beings.

You seem to think that protesting is the only way to go. Do those in your zip code do more than that? Working a soup kitchen, food pantry, homeless shelter, tutoring, etc.? All I ever hear about is the protesting.

why not just buy in Phoenix. Support American jobs and all.
    Hi Flowerseverywhere! There is nothing about politics or protest on my part here - I just happen to like two varieties of Caprice Shampoo (Herbal and Apple) and also Freska-Ra toothpaste from Mexico. I also buy all my bee pollen and valerian root capsules in Mexico (much cheaper across the border) and I used to buy all my soap in Mexico but now I actually pay more for soap in the US, believe it or not - I know someone in the 85006 who makes soap as a side business and I want to support them in their entrepreneurship so I buy their spendier soap on this side of the border.

When I mop the floors at the house or clean the bathroom - I used Mexican made cleaners such as Pinalen or Pinol or Flash - I buy these in the US and they are still cheaper than US products and work just as well. The hair gel I use on days I work is also from Mexico - cheaper than similar in the US and it smells really nice. The brand I use is EGO - interesting name, no? It is male oriented brand - they make shampoo too. Rob

PS.....I came back to add that Mexico is a great place to stock up on toothbrushes - I paid .38 per toothbrush the last time I bought toothbrushes down there, and these were actually imported from Chile (the brand is Fasa) and not Mexican made.

Thread Information