Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
why not just buy in Phoenix. Support American jobs and all.
Hi Flowerseverywhere! There is nothing about politics or protest on my part here - I just happen to like two varieties of Caprice Shampoo (Herbal and Apple) and also Freska-Ra toothpaste from Mexico. I also buy all my bee pollen and valerian root capsules in Mexico (much cheaper across the border) and I used to buy all my soap in Mexico but now I actually pay more for soap in the US, believe it or not - I know someone in the 85006 who makes soap as a side business and I want to support them in their entrepreneurship so I buy their spendier soap on this side of the border.

When I mop the floors at the house or clean the bathroom - I used Mexican made cleaners such as Pinalen or Pinol or Flash - I buy these in the US and they are still cheaper than US products and work just as well. The hair gel I use on days I work is also from Mexico - cheaper than similar in the US and it smells really nice. The brand I use is EGO - interesting name, no? It is male oriented brand - they make shampoo too. Rob

PS.....I came back to add that Mexico is a great place to stock up on toothbrushes - I paid .38 per toothbrush the last time I bought toothbrushes down there, and these were actually imported from Chile (the brand is Fasa) and not Mexican made.