Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Communication from the beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    yes, it seems like the more we know of quantum physics, the more the idea that we are beings of energy and cannot thus be destroyed, seems to be based in science. . .
    I agree; there is evidence, both quantifiable and not, that the universe is truly beyond our current ability to understand--which makes those who think they have a lock on the truth easily ignored, IMO.

The Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.
    -- J. B. S. Haldane (British-born polymath)

As a friend of mine sat in his car, listening to a song that reminded him of his recently-deceased and much-loved elder sibling and feeling heartsick, he suddenly heard his brother's loud, gruff voice saying firmly "Get over it!" You can interpret that, of course, any way you want.

One of my late grandfather's favorite expressions was "Screw'em if they can't take a joke". I can't tell you how many times over the last half-century or so since he died, when confronted with self-important nudniks (sometimes with myself in the nudnik role), I have heard that phrase in that growling-dog voice of his in my head. I don't take that as a direct communication from the afterlife. Surely they have better ways to amuse themselves than to interfere in the affairs of the living. I do think the dead influence the living though the impact they made while they were still alive. This can be as simple as hard-wiring a certain memory that emerges in certain situations.

I think sometimes we impose meaning on events in ways that are very personal to us that give the impression of being supernatural. I think the explanation is often more natural but no less marvelous.

As a life-long experiencer of deja vu and vivid dreams and weird stuff happening, I think it is something. Now what exactly it is I have no idea, but it is something. And if it is our minds making too much of it but it is comforting I don't see any harm. Just don't invest your money based on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    yes, it seems like the more we know of quantum physics, the more the idea that we are beings of energy and cannot thus be destroyed, seems to be based in science. . .
    Being of energy, and being of energy with intelligence/self awareness, etc. are not the same thing. Science says conservation of energy, doesn't mean consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Now what exactly it is I have no idea, but it is something. And if it is our minds making too much of it but it is comforting I don't see any harm. Just don't invest your money based on it!
    As an agnostic, who has talked to some friends who had NDE's, I would agree if comforting causes no harm, fine. Where investing money or taking from people in the name of some belief's, can be harmful.

Zoe, it's funny you mention investing. I would absolutely invest my money based on intuition. I would also invest money if God spoke to me and told me to do so, but that is within my belief system, that God does speak to people, and speaks to people about all sorts of things.
    I guess we all view our experiences from our own belief system, and they do vary quite a bit.

Thread Information