Well the day I was expecting came, my son in law (yes he is officially that!) was told by his grandmother that he is going to burn in hell. They are a pretty dramatic family, and religious. In a conversation he questioned something she was saying about Trump, she replied he must be hanging around liberals (yeah that would be our family) and it came up that he is not Christian. His mom and sister were there, I heard his mom just seemed shocked and his sister said as a Christian she couldn't judge his beliefs. He is close to his family, hopefully the entire family won't agree with her.

I know my daughter and SIL have just tried to not make these things an issue, they are both pretty mellow people, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. Grandmother has been providing childcare so they are looking for a new situation. I know my daughter was concerned about her doing all the childcare as grandbaby got older because of her beliefs and how vocal she is. She is vocal about boycotting Target for the bathroom issue for example, and my daughter works there and my SIL's siblings are both gay.