Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: List of Average Property Taxes in NJ released

This seems to be the thing to do. Golf in spring, summer and fall and curling in winter. It is hilarious hearing about the stress levels when the two seasons overlap and timing conflicts develop. Often the two groups are the same except when some of the golfers go south for the winter.

When I think about it, the two groups are almost self-sufficient unto themselves. The general population has little 'social' contact with these two groups Is that the usual result? Is it because of the cost of belonging or choice of lifestyle?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My Minnesota relatives are golfing fanatics but the younger generation is taking up curling as well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    This seems to be the thing to do. Golf in spring, summer and fall and curling in winter. It is hilarious hearing about the stress levels when the two seasons overlap and timing conflicts develop. Often the two groups are the same except when some of the golfers go south for the winter.

When I think about it, the two groups are almost self-sufficient unto themselves. The general population has little 'social' contact with these two groups Is that the usual result? Is it because of the cost of belonging or choice of lifestyle?
    I don’t know what you mean. My Minnesota relatives are very successful in life as engineers. Ut have wide social circle. They play cards, do church stuff, etc. My brother in law is that rare breed of engineer who has people skills so he has risen in his company quite far.p in management.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My Minnesota relatives are golfing fanatics but the younger generation is taking up curling as well.
    How many of them picked it up in the last two weeks? lol

Seriously, curling is "a thing" here, particularly lately. Looks like a fun sport. Appeals to the physics buff in me.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I like to watch curling--in fact most of the winter Olympic sports, save figure skating--I'm glad it's having its day.

Thread Information