Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give it 100 (or 20, or 30 ...) March 2018

Hi All,

Here's an update on my situation: as you may remember, I decided to go to 110 because I had committed to 10 two-hour writing sessions and 30 one-hour sessions within my 100, and I had still had more of both of those to go after I got to 100 because I got to 100 on mostly 30-minute sessions. Well I did a four-day stretch of two-hour sessions last weekend so finished those (Yay!) but still have 7 more one-hour sessions to go. So I'm at 103 (!!!) but stuck there for a while because work and home life are BUSY right now, and I have decided I just need to accept that and surrender to it.

The big revelation for me is that at first, I really thought the two-hour sessions were too much but now I LOVE them. And overall, I'm so happy I'm writing again. It's made a big difference in how I feel about my life and myself. I feel like my whole life works better when I'm writing.

So-o-o it may be March 15th or so before I get back to writing, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying reading about the progress the rest of you are making!

Wow EJ, that is amazing. Because of your inspiration I have been spending about 30 minutes a day on writing activities which all count toward my improvement. I now have a critique partner! I think it's going to work out very well. Her goal is to publish, mine just to improve as if I might publish, so your inspiration has motivated me. Thank you and congratulations to you on finding or refinding your joy in writing.

That's fantastic, nswef! I feel like we are all such a good influence on each other!

Ding ding ding!

I actually did it! I made it to 110 days of writing today - I went to 110 instead of 100 because I had had some goals for longer writing sessions that I hadn't met yet.

Wow. This was a really big deal for me, and setting this goal and reaching it created a shift in my life I really needed. I've spent a lot of years talking about wanting to be a writer and not really doing it. These last seven months, I've been doing it.

It took me over two months longer than I thought it would to complete this goal, but I'm fine with that.

I'm going to start another 100 times soon but need a few days - possibly a week or two - to focus on other goals I've been neglecting.

Thanks to everyone here who has supported me along the way. It made a huge difference.

Nice going ejchase!

Yay, yay,yay!!!!

woohoo! Way to go, writers! Way cool. I'm up to a sad 4 hours total on my upstairs, but there is actually a hole in my box room, even after I moved some stuff in, and the back hallway stack has been halved. More to come out of box room, to be replaced by stuff I really WANT to hang on to, including some inventory. Broke down a bunch of boxes to recycle, put some like items together, have a bag for good will and a bag of plastic bags to recycle. So a little progress! My dining room table is still pretty well covered, but my pie-safe is organized and the top has items much more accessible. (The dining room is also our sewing room....)

Early morning, it sounds like you're making progress even if 4 hours doesn't seem much. I did 40 hours of decluttering between December and the end of February, but I think I was about 25 hours in before I started to see clear gains. Try to be patient and give yourself a pat on the back for what you've achieved so far. Small steps count!

Thread Information