Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nor'easter

Treacherous as it was coming down, yesterday's ended up with somewhat less accumulation. The ground was so warm around here that there seemed to be more slush under any snow. But that actually made things way more slippery. Anyway, we survived and I'm off to work again today (also worked yesterday until it started to get bad.) Hopefully everyone without power is getting back online.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    We got a ton of snow with last night's storm. The one coming next Monday doesn't look as bad for my area though.

We got a ton also. We have branches down--a lot of people in the neighborhood lost power. The snow is SO wet and heavy it's crushing the trees and bushes. Roads were a disaster with downed power lines and trees.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We woke up to ice covered interstates. The little snow that came in instantly froze and there was a glaze of ice across all lanes. At 5:30am, 3 interstates were closed due to slide offs and accidents.

We got about 6" of heavy wet snow with this storm.

Ugh. We just dug out from this same storm. I hope you all recover quickly
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

It looks awful from here (well away from the east coast). Makes me wonder if this is the new normal. I guess no one is really talking about climate change with these events.
    Living on the coast anywhere must be like heaven.......but seems like it's turning into hell in many places.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    It looks awful from here (well away from the east coast). Makes me wonder if this is the new normal. I guess no one is really talking about climate change with these events.
    Living on the coast anywhere must be like heaven.......but seems like it's turning into hell in many places.
    Yeah, I first noticed it when Hurricane Irene hit, and we were in Vermont at the time, and that state was completely devastated. We had guests and it took us 3 hours to find a passable route to the train station because entire roads and bridges were broken apart. We passed a whole front porch sitting in the middle of the road, like Dorothy's house when it landed in Oz. When a landlocked state has that kind of hurricane damage, you have to wonder about the new normal.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Storm #3 is going on now, but the office is closed so I don't have to brave it.

Did I hear there's another one coming next week? I hope all of you are doing okay. I know about 26 years ago, we got an ice storm that broke just about all of the trees on our 35 acres. Just unbelievable..........so you all have my sympathy. We didn't have power for a week. Power lines were snapped everywhere. But what you guys are getting is just totally unfair......one blow after another. Sending good, warm, calm, melting thoughts your way! Stay safe!

Thread Information