Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: March Frugals!

I have been going home and eating a sandwich for lunch instead of hitting the Bell or Mickey D's. It's farther to drive, but I like not spending $10 - $15 a day on lunch!

Glad it's working for you, but EE GADS!! even with two grandsons with me, I could barely spend $15 at the Bell or Mickey D's!!

Yppej
    Finally found bras I liked at Macy's on sale, bought them, and left without browsing. The fear of the roads freezing over with black ice was a good motivator to get me in and out of the store quickly.

Groceries are the only thing I've really purchased so far this month. And I've been doing "okay" keeping in the grocery budget range... about $65/week.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I was accidentally frugal. Maybe the storm left their phone lines down, but I could not get through to order Chinese food delivered so I scrounged up something at home. Today I go for groceries and won't be tempted again for a while.

So far in March
    --still eating out of fridge/pantry and freezer---and not buying more surprising they are all going down
    and my bank account is going up..gotta love it. I am having lots of good and interesting meals. When you aren't restocking it
    makes you look at what you have and use it up..
    --Also, this month continuing to not buy other products like household, makeup etc. unless I actually run out of an item.
    --sold a bag of old candles on Kijiji for $10.00 I don't burn candles especially scented ones anymore except for emergencies
    more stuff out of house, I a lot of them had been bought at a yard sale with the plans to melt them down into nicer ones for gift
    but, guess what that never happened and I am becoming more content when I admit to things that are not going to happen and
    rid myself of the stuff.

Yppej
    Got primer online - almost twice the quantity for 25% more in price. My makeup routine is simple - primer, foundation and mascara.

I love your "accidental frugal" Yppej.
    We've done well staying within budget on groceries. We've been shopping for my mother too, and she insists on "tipping" me $5, which she says makes her feel good to do. So I am accepting the tip and then under-charging her the next week to make it work out. That way she can feel good, and I don't have to feel like a loser charging my mom for picking up her groceries when we are going to the store anyway. Everyone gets to feel good!
    Last night was a concert and one of my planned spending events this month. I had $80 in my pocket to spend and only spent half. Ticket prices were reasonable, parking was free and we ate at home before we went, so only spent on drinks, and OK, well maybe a couple of small souvenirs. There was another Grateful Dead related concert in Boston this week, and the total we spent last night wouldn't have bought one ticket to the Boston event, let alone parking and related expenses. So I guess that's the bigger frugal - $73 on tickets as opposed to $320 on tickets, and we saw a fabulous show and had a great time.

Made the switch from Verizon to Consumer Cellular. Got the first month free with Consumer Cellular because I signed up before March 31. Bought a new Samsung Galaxy 7 in the process but still expect to see my monthly phone bill reduced from $90 to about $45.

Took my cricket plan down from 40 to 30 per month by reducing my data portion of the plan--still has data but not as much, since I don't think I was using the full amount. I also bought a new phone for 65 dollars from Cricket and replaced my iPhone 5s, which is a much nicer phone than the new Huwai, but my eyes are doing much better with the 5.5 inch screen.

Thread Information