Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Does Donald Trump have single redeeming human quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    My corollary would be that we need some conservative leadership to stand up against the moral issues where T seems to fall of the side of deceit, false truths, and poor judgement.
    George Will seems to agree with you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.d490e6520acb

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    My corollary would be that we need some conservative leadership to stand up against the moral issues where T seems to fall of the side of deceit, false truths, and poor judgement. In it's basic essence I see hate and vitriol on both ends of the spectrum.
    Look at the writings of Republican strategist Steve Schmidt*; he's one, along with George Will, Michael Steele, and an increasing number of other Conservatives who are standing up to Trumpism. And what is the proper response to rise of authoritarianism, neo-Fascism, and xenophobic policy decisions? I don't blame people for directing their rage (and hopefully, their action) towards the current regime.

*"For months, Steve Schmidt, a longtime Republican strategist, has warned about the degradation of his party, saying the Trump administration is responsible for a “coarsening of this country” and calling the president a “useful idiot” for Russia.

Now, Mr. Schmidt says he’s done: On Wednesday morning, he renounced his membership in the Republican Party, nearly three decades after joining it, and called for a Democratic wave in the midterm elections this fall."
    (New York Times, June 20, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Thank you, I'm always pleased to see others make my points for me, even if at it's core it's nothing more than "I know you are but what am I" taunts.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Thank you, I'm always pleased to see others make my points for me, even if at it's core it's nothing more than "I know you are but what am I" taunts.
    So, conservatives are allowed to say negative things about liberals but when liberals do the same we're just whiny interest groups. Got it. If all you took from my post was " I know you are but what about me" you completely missed the point. Maybe you should read George Will's latest column to get an understanding.

Thread Information