Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Donald Trump have single redeeming human quality?

Does Donald Trump have a single redeeming human quality?

I'm not being facetious. That question popped into my head this morning, and I couldn't think of a single one. As far as I can tell, he is a purely dishonest, mean-spirited, bigoted, misogynistic, disloyal, lazy, ignorant, insensitive, arrogant bully.

Am I missing something?

Well, I've been impressed by how much he loves his family and they love him--Melania excluded.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

He seems a very sad and lonely man to me. I often feel sorry for him.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

I’ll say this for the man: He’s not Mrs Clinton.

Sometimes I think the Donald is funny, intentionally. And not all of those quips are written for him. The the funny bits at the Gridiron club last week were scripted, most likely, but his delivery was decent.

He makes good connections with audiences. Last fall he came to st. louis and we listened to his speech on the radio. He was good with that audience, sincere, funny, inspiring hope. He CAN bring it.

I think the only person he loves is himself. We are the laughing stock of the world. Collectively the IQ in the US is certainly on the decline.

I will point out that the title of the thread calls for redeeming qualities of the President.

silly me, I forget it is just an opportunity to bash, if a duplicitous one. Well, then , go forth and bash, whatever.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-24-18 at 10:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’ll say this for the man: He’s not Mrs Clinton.
    Agreed, but I'm not sure he's not Richard Nixon. I can't think of much good to say about the guy. I don't disagree totally with all of his policies, but his means don't justify the ends.

IL: the thread asked a question and I answered it. BTW my DH is a smart man and voted for Trump. I think many would not vote for a woman and won't admit it. He mostly votes Republican anyways. Needless to say we don't talk politics in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    I'm not being facetious. That question popped into my head this morning, and I couldn't think of a single one. As far as I can tell, he is a purely dishonest, mean-spirited, bigoted, misogynistic, disloyal, lazy, ignorant, insensitive, arrogant bully.

Am I missing something?
    No, you're not.

Thread Information