Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Does Donald Trump have single redeeming human quality?

Williamsmith
    All this misguided “hatred” for one man diverts attention from what could be understood about a good portion of the country. After all, political leaders are merely symbolic of movements. Donald Trump may live closer to home than you think.

WS, it is scary to think about how many people are racist etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    All this misguided “hatred” for one man diverts attention from what could be understood about a good portion of the country. After all, political leaders are merely symbolic of movements. Donald Trump may live closer to home than you think.
    I saw a segment on CNN about how the vulgar mud-slinging by liberals at Trump is actually backfiring--causing his supporters to run to his defense. I am so sick of the superficial sound bites on both sides.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I saw a segment on CNN about how the vulgar mud-slinging by liberals at Trump is actually backfiring--causing his supporters to run to his defense. I am so sick of the superficial sound bites on both sides.
    You just figured ths out?
    The liberal media had a big hand in electing Trump. A BIG one.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You just figured ths out?
    I can sort of go way back to that point, but I think the recent events have made it even worse. Now my conservative friends are posting memes about "a baker can't refuse to bake a cake, but a restauranteur can refuse to serve a dinner" All this vitriol is toxic, whether it's flung by liberals or conservatives. Even if Trump was the first to start the "hate domino" toppling, which he was, what good is it to keep it going?? What I loved about MLK is he wouldn't let his followers return evil for evil or hate for hate. We need some liberal leadership that can stand up to Trump's fear- and hate-mongering with hate-less resistance.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We need some liberal leadership that can stand up to Trump's fear- and hate-mongering with hate-less resistance.
    Unfortunately, in my humble opinion, there is nothing more illiberal than a modern liberal. The extreme left controls the media and culture and sells hate through every modern communications outlet that we as a society have come to depend upon.

I've come to believe that overall, modern liberalism is an emotion, devoid of reason, unaware of cause and effect, unable to see people as individuals rather than as a race or gender, intolerant of ideals or beliefs that do not mirror their own and promotes condescension,vulgarity and rudeness. It's adherents live in the moment and seem oblivious to history or real life events which shaped specific cultural norms, nor do they concern themselves with potential long term consequences associated with their immediate wants.

They shouldn't be surprised when their hate engenders sympathy for their victims or resistance to their group-think, and yet many of them still are.

Your mileage may vary.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

the corporate media covered Trump much more than all the other candidates and on that there is data. So yes they probably did have a hand in getting him elected (but it was good for eyeballs and thus advertising revenues or something - just doing what a corporation's gotta do). Far, far more coverage than any other candidate.
    Trees don't grow on money

We need some liberal leadership that can stand up to Trump's fear- and hate-mongering with hate-less resistance.
    My corollary would be that we need some conservative leadership to stand up against the moral issues where T seems to fall of the side of deceit, false truths, and poor judgement. In it's basic essence I see hate and vitriol on both ends of the spectrum.

Unfortunately, in my humble opinion, there is nothing more illiberal than a modern liberal. The extreme left controls the media and culture and sells hate through every modern communications outlet that we as a society have come to depend upon.
    While I cannot speak to the conservative or the liberal bias in the US, I must protest the assumption that the extreme left controls the media and culture and sells hate. It is simply not true. The CBC does not so is an alternative readily available with some really in-depth analysis. I get prompt updates on genuine political actions in the US more readily on CBC than the US media. The Christian Science Monitor never has in over 100 years and never will sell hate. Incorrect generalizations diminish the point that you may be trying to make.

If one goes to the same sources all the time, don't expect different results. This is a general observation not directed to anyone in particular.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

I've come to believe that overall, Trump and his supporters are an emotion, devoid of reason, unaware of cause and effect, unable to see people as individuals rather than as a race or gender, intolerant of ideals or beliefs that do not mirror their own and promotes condescension,vulgarity and rudeness. He and his adherents live in the moment and seem oblivious to history or real life events which shaped specific cultural norms, nor do they concern themselves with potential long term consequences associated with their immediate wants.
    Fixed it for you.

Thread Information