Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Donald Trump have single redeeming human quality?

Yppej
    Mixed in with the garbage, he will speak uncomfortable truths. What other Republican president has told Congress to stop being afraid to defy the NRA?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Well, one good thing you could say about him is he takes after chimpanzees. I was just reading an article about Jane Goodall, and this is what she says:

“In many ways the performances of Donald Trump remind me of male chimpanzees and their dominance rituals," she told The Atlantic during the 2016 election. "In order to impress rivals, males seeking to rise in the dominance hierarchy perform spectacular displays: stamping, slapping the ground, dragging branches, throwing rocks. The more vigorous and imaginative the display, the faster the individual is likely to rise in the hierarchy, and the longer he is likely to maintain that position."
    Yes, but comparing him to male chimpanzees is disrespecting male chimpanzees.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Mixed in with the garbage, he will speak uncomfortable truths. What other Republican president has told Congress to stop being afraid to defy the NRA?
    But he says things, just to be oppositional. He will change that position, depending on who he's talking to, and at which moment in time that it will be the most oppositional to someone.

Yppej
    Maybe it works with someone who is equally oppositional. Let's see if it does any good with Kim Jung-un.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Maybe it works with someone who is equally oppositional. Let's see if it does any good with Kim Jung-un.
    Mr. Kim is talking denuclearization this week. I wonder what's changed?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Mr. Kim is talking denuclearization this week. I wonder what's changed?
    I didn't see your question here Alan, before I began a new thread on this subject. It's all very strange.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    He has made us all realize that there are many bigoted hateful people in this world who would love to see any non white “christian” banned and evicted from this country. When you live in your white separate world it is hard to understand sometimes what people go through. He has made us realize what hate people face.

I have learned a lot a lot about a large group of people who usually don’t have a spotlight on them. The good people at Charlotte, the wonderful patriots at the NRA, the admirable Putin, and how wonderful president for life in China is. Seeing another side is always a good thing.
    Last edited by flowerseverywhere; 3-7-18 at 6:49am. Reason: poor Grammar

As the saying goes, everyone serves a purpose even if it's to set a horrible example.

While I didn’t like the policies of Bush #2 or Reagan, I didn’t dislike them as people.

I can’t stand Trump as a person. He is toxic.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    In the end, a very good thing will come out of all this. During the obama years, the pendulum swung pretty far to the left. The idea of sanctuary cities, illegals being able to attend university in California for free while my children would have had to pay out of state tuition, rise in food stamps and Medicaid expansion daca protection humming along with no real resolution and so on set up a simmering kettle that was bound to boil and overflow. Now we have many legislators saying loudly the opposite and gaining robust support

by having someone like Trump tweeting and saying the things he does, it has made many people who would sit back and assume someone else would fight the necessary fights take notice

Although the country is very very polarized right now, an equilibrium will be restored and we will end up somewhere in the middle.

So the thing many people hate the most about Trump, the tweets and name calling type behavior, is sparking a revolution, especially among young people. They are watching their peers being slaughtered, their future being polluted, women speaking up while a bunch of rich white “Christian” men spread their outdated ideas of what women should do, and see the income gap between the rich and poor widen and they will rise up and awaken and become better citizens for it.

Thread Information